New Kit, Recommendations?

I am Looking into getting into flying paramotors in Malaga, Spain. FlySpain are not too far from me, and heard good reviews so more than likely will get a few lessons there, but I would like to buy the equipment first before I do.

I have been told it is a good idea to buy a PAP as parts should be easy to get hold of here and that the Pap pa125 and Pap ros125 are really solid machines, but open to suggestions. I weigh 87kg and about 6ft2.

Look forward to some suggestions, many thanks, Daniel.

Hi Daniel, welcome to PMC.

Which kit to buy is probably the most asked question in the universe - the stock answer is always to wait until you have had some training and discussed it with your instructor. Your school will supply kit for learning and you will be in a much better position to know what you want and need later on. 

31 minutes ago, Steve said:

Hi Daniel, welcome to PMC.

Which kit to buy is probably the most asked question in the universe - the stock answer is always to wait until you have had some training and discussed it with your instructor. Your school will supply kit for learning and you will be in a much better position to know what you want and need later on. 

Thanks Steve, I thought I could get a rough idea beforehand of what are good makes / models / Sizes to look for and what to avoid, as to find a nice bit of kit will take some time and ideally I like to hit the skies as soon as I have had a few classes!

8 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Hi, PAP are in Marbella! However, you don't need the manufacturer close to get parts quick. I have Nitro bought through Vince in the UK and spares are VERY quick.

I fly between Marbella and Gibralter.

Andy

Hi Andy, 

I have seen the PAP team about around Marbella a few times which has prompted me to start looking into some kit, but have been wanting to do this for years now and came across this forum, so thought I should put it out there and find out more.

Im in Ronda, but go to Marbella daily, so would be great to find some people to fly with!

• Like 1

You can't go wrong with either companies, PAP are a great manufacturer, excellent build quality and very safety orientated, go to the factory and say hi, they are very accommodating, have a look around the machines and compare to others you will see what I mean, flyspain are a great bunch and a very friendly atmosphere 

• Like 1

Absolutely agree, learn to fly first then look at kit. Speaking personally, my shopping list changed the more experience I gained. I started the first couple of years with a robust powerful parajet but as soon as I got a rough handle on take off and landing with out falling over, I got a mini plane simply because it's very light and doesn't make too much noise and vibration in flight - and it starts when I need it too as well.  Love the mini plane now.

Just don't buy a flatop.

Fly Spain have a good reputation and sell a range of equipment at very good prices. They sell Parajet and Miniplane units and Ozone gliders. 

The CFI/owner Rob is very experienced, knowledgeable and a friendly approachable guy.

Edited by ian5708