Revolution 26, What size motors?

Lloyd

You are 80 kg and the motor and all your kit will weigh 35kg (unless you get a really light one they are mostly about 28kg fueled plus wing and reserve)

On a glider that has a lift to drag ratio of 5:1 you will need a fifth of your all up weight in thrust to maintain level flight. In this example you need 115/5= 23kg dynamic thrust to stay level. Double this to have an adequate climb and no more than treble it for outsatnding performance (but be aware of the dangers of overpowering and power stalls)

see http://www.paramotorclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=833 for the vector diagrams and plug in your own numbers.

However on a Revo 26 at 115kg all up you will be flying VERY fast I think.... and will need to be ready for quite "exciting" reactions to events! Landing will be a rush and take offs in nil wind might prove challenging.

A revolution is an "intermediate" glider and requires pilot input that comes from experience. Flying an intermediate "heavy" increases these demands considerably.

I'm 75KG's with an HE R120 which is about 25KGs so add on a bit more for fuel & kit like Francis said and I'm over 100KG's.

Not sure about the VERY fast bit as the 26 is rated up to 150KG for PPG and I find it ok with my little experience, we were all learning on Revo's at flyschool with Pete Searle so I know nothing else.

Not sure about the VERY fast bit as the 26 is rated up to 150KG for PPG and I find it ok with my little experience, we were all learning on Revo's at flyschool with Pete Searle so I know nothing else.

That is a very good point Dan! If thats all you know then its neither fast nor slow. I am comparing this to landing speeds on a non reflex wing and the landing technique is very different. Clearly if your school is teaching on the revo and have put you on a 26 and you find it "OK" I cant argue that!

Lloyds extra 10kg will be noticeable though.

Bear in mind that the 150kg rating is what it is load tested to but it will be flying pretty fast at that weight all right!!!!!!

Ok, thanks guys, i sort of get the idea now, im just looking at my options on what i might be spending my hard earned cash on, obviously i want to settle with a good set up so im just trying to get an idea of whats out there and what spec to look for? :)