Valley Flying Textbook

Kran

Hi,

Are there any informative text books about that can explain flying ppg around valleys or active flying such terrain ?

I have a mentor with about 700 hours that I will be flying with on a regular basis, but I would like to have some literature

on the shelf if it's about.

Thanks in advance.

Kran...:)

Wait for no wind, or it is very bumpy. I flew over the Cleveland Hills (and in the valleys over the resevoirs etc) yesterday and the wind was 10 to 15 mph. It was very bumpy. Also, you need to be prepared for big downdraughts. In the lee of a hill you can suddenly find your self descending.......quickly.  Even full power can still see you falling! In one valley yesterday I had wind from the left. Staying close to the left side avoided the down draught, but moving just a little to the right put me directly in the falling rota.....1 to 2 m/s down on full power.

6 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Wait for no wind, or it is very bumpy. I flew over the Cleveland Hills (and in the valleys over the resevoirs etc) yesterday and the wind was 10 to 15 mph. It was very bumpy. Also, you need to be prepared for big downdraughts. In the lee of a hill you can suddenly find your self descending.......quickly.  Even full power can still see you falling! In one valley yesterday I had wind from the left. Staying close to the left side avoided the down draught, but moving just a little to the right put me directly in the falling rota.....1 to 2 m/s down on full power.

Yeah thanks Andy. Winds a pain in the arse, sure there's a joke in there somewhere. I regret not getting into paragliding or paramotoring earlier instead of skydiving. I would also have liked some paraliding knowedge up my sleeve, but I figured I was getting to old to dick around any longer, so dove in.

Thanks again Andy, I should have some nice photo's to post next week if it's good flying weather this weekend.

All good..

• Like 1