My training journey...

Here's the first video, from October. Starting training in October, ahead of a winter with less flyable days than average, wasn't my best idea. It does mean though, that as spring approaches, I'm nearly ready to fly for the first time and start buying stuff! :D
New channel etc, I'd be VERY greatful of ANY likes, subscribes and comments.. X

p.s. I'm making my tenth video now.. the quality does get better! :D

Edited by MarbleOne
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice videos - well edited ! As someone who has seen a helmet save someones life when they were on the ground please think about wearing a helmet when the motor is on your back. Apart from saving your ears - these spinny things can go wrong very quickly and very fast and - when they do - lots of nasty stuff gets spat out in all directions. 

Good luck - keep up the training and posts !

• Like 1

Arms out and up, slightly backwards when forward launching, together and forward is not going to give you proper control.

Start in the crucifix position then lift the arms whilst the wing is rising to assist the pull on the A's.

• Like 1

Nearly there! When forward and you have the wing in the air, you feel the wing pulling to one side. I can see you resisting that pull - which is quite a normal response. You have to not resist it. Much of the time when your wing pulls to one side, you resist it, which makes the wing turn even harder that way. You have to get used to moving quickly to that side, while at the same time pulling a little brake the other side. Think of it as you always want both risers to be pulling the same amount. With practice you will not have to look up, because you can feel the wings pull.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing that! A friend of mine overshot his landing once and found himself in a drainage ditch that was filled with 15 foot high very thorny bushes. I now know just how hard it was to get the wing out!

Looks like with your perseverance you got it out unscathed?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Guy said:

Great stuff, a pleasure to watch.

What camera do you use in the wing?

Hiya, thanks for watching! It's just a gopro clone on a magnetic mount from ebay. Fine unless nil-wind, then it's poss it pulls the leading edge down when performing an inexperienced forward! :)