advance alpha 3 wing

I've flown my advance alpha 3 paraglider wing with a rad mxl 120 with no problems at all.I've bought an eos 100 booster paramotor

which feels like it has more power than the rad little pocket rocket I call it could the difference in power on full power that is put this wing closer to stalling point any advice 

regards chewi

ensure you have checked your static hang propellor angle..if this is wrong that may be the cause of your problems with the new setup. If you are leaning back too far the chances of torque induced steer increases...particularly when more thrust is being produced.

im not sure whether swing arm pivot point height affects torque steer...i think it may.

Edited by adamjedgar

9 hours ago, adamjedgar said:

ensure you have checked your static hang propellor angle..if this is wrong that may be the cause of your problems with the new setup. If you are leaning back too far the chances of torque induced steer increases...particularly when more thrust is being produced.

im not sure whether swing arm pivot point height affects torque steer...i think it may.

Thank you for your reply adamjedgar am not worried about my setup was concerned that the thrust of new motor could cause the wing I have flow is only a dhv-1 paraglider wing so was wondering if power would push me to far in front of wing on full power to cause me problems 

cheers chewi

On 12/03/2018 at 07:17, chewi said:

Thank you for your reply adamjedgar am not worried about my setup was concerned that the thrust of new motor could cause the wing I have flow is only a dhv-1 paraglider wing so was wondering if power would push me to far in front of wing on full power to cause me problems 

cheers chewi

Thats a misconception when its comes to torque steer stalling wings. A stalled En A hits the ground just as hard as a stalled En C. In any case i feel that a lightly loaded low end wings may actually torque steer worse than more heavily loaded highend ones. Also,the high angle of climb isnt relevant...stalling is about angle of attack to relative airflow, not angle to horizon. It may be that your wing design isnt a good one for motoring and this begins to become more noticable with higher thrust engines. 

Edited by adamjedgar

It's very unlikely to stall, but it depends on a number of factors. How low in the weight range you are, how old and slow it is and is it suitable for towing etc? (I see the Alpha 3 is suitable for towing)

Looking at the history, the Alpha 3 is a 2003 wing or 15years old, personally I would look for something a bit more modern, you really are in vintage territory there.  Nevertheless, you are the one with the throttle in your hand, apply it gently at first and see how far back it goes (an experienced ground observer might be a better judge). The wing is most likely to spin when trying to turn in a climb, rather than power stall if it is close to the edge.

Stuart.

19 hours ago, savage said:

It's very unlikely to stall, but it depends on a number of factors. How low in the weight range you are, how old and slow it is and is it suitable for towing etc? (I see the Alpha 3 is suitable for towing)

Looking at the history, the Alpha 3 is a 2003 wing or 15years old, personally I would look for something a bit more modern, you really are in vintage territory there.  Nevertheless, you are the one with the throttle in your hand, apply it gently at first and see how far back it goes (an experienced ground observer might be a better judge). The wing is most likely to spin when trying to turn in a climb, rather than power stall if it is close to the edge.

Stuart.

Thanks for reply stuart

wing is 12yrs old only flown 3 to 4hrs still crisp have bought new motor which is a eos 100 booster which felt more powerful than the rad mxl motor which I flew this wing on I'm at top end of weight range of glider with no problems

not sure if its just me over thinking stuff as ive not flown in a while 

cheers chewi