Training near Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

Howdy.  I'm totally new to all of this but have had the urge to have a go at it for the best part of 20 years.   I used to be massively into traction kites and buggying in the late 90's early 2000's and always wanted to get into paramotoring but lacked the money to do so, and like many things like this life gets in the way and before you know it another 10 years have passed and you promise yourself you'll do it next year and so on and so on.

I'm now in my late 30's and not as lacking in disposable income as I once was I really would like to get on a training course in 2018 and give it a go.  Unfortunately the Yorkshire board on these forums seems a bit dead so are there any active pilots in my neck of the woods that could point me in the direction of decent training schools in my local(ish) area or anywhere I could go and have a look and natter with people who actually fly.

I'm only a 10 minute drive from Buckstones Edge in Huddersfield which has always seemed to be popular with Hang Gliders and Paragliders but i've not seen any up there for a long time.

On 3/6/2018 at 22:53, Flypapuk said:

Rick Wormesley is in yorkshire but I'm not sure if he still teaches, I am based in south cheshire, your more than welcome to pop down and have a chat maybe even a tandem flight 

Danny

Thanks for the offer, I may well take you up on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello . I am in manchester so not too far from you . Have a good field to fly from you will be welcome to use after training . 

I can also give you a lot of pointers  and show you the gear and ground handling which will give you good idea if it is a sport for you . Message me and we can arrange to meet up 

Mike

Hi.  I am near you in Halifax and looking to train local too.  I have been trying to reach east to west yorkshire paramotor club on this group but no reply yet (they are listed as pmc instructors on here). I  think one of the chaps from there, Paul I think, is in Huddersfield. Anyone know if they still operate? Cheers.

17 hours ago, Gordon Davies said:

Hi.  I am near you in Halifax and looking to train local too.  I have been trying to reach east to west yorkshire paramotor club on this group but no reply yet (they are listed as pmc instructors on here). I  think one of the chaps from there, Paul I think, is in Huddersfield. Anyone know if they still operate? Cheers.

I've tried contacting east to west but had no response.  All their posts on here and on Facebook seem to have stopped after September last year.  The nearest I have been able to find is Paramotor Training UK in Scunthorpe, it's a bit of a trek but they seem to have plenty of good reviews.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...