Best Top80 Carbon prop

ask21

Hi!

I am going to switch to carbon blades on my top80 miniplane.

After bit of investigation on the market and forum i ended up with 2 propellers.

E-prop and Helix: do you have any experience on those 2 model available for Top80?

I will go on 130cm.

Redrive is 19/73

Miniplane sell a prop manufactured by Helix called the T2HA for the 19/73 box. It has no Helix labelling but is excellent. I have one of those as well as the standard Helix recommended prop. Both these are 130cm. Both excellent but I slightly prefer the T2HA for thrust and lower vibes. I haven’t flown with the 130 e-prop but my friend has it (who has also flown my machine with the Helix) and he swears by his e-prop. Basically they are all good and it’s just a matter of personal preference and price. By the way we both run the larger frame than standard.

• Upvote 1

My flying buddy and I have both had e-prop 130's on our Miniplane Top80's for several years.  The speed of spool up is really nice, but it's a long time since I changed from a wooden prop, so I can't remember how much extra thrust is generated.  We are talking about a 'big improvement', but not a 'game changer'. 

Annie, at E-props speaks English, which will make dealing with them easy.

• Upvote 1

On 24/2/2018 at 22:28, MagMen said:

Miniplane sell a prop manufactured by Helix called the T2HA for the 19/73 box. It has no Helix labelling but is excellent. I have one of those as well as the standard Helix recommended prop. Both these are 130cm. Both excellent but I slightly prefer the T2HA for thrust and lower vibes. I haven’t flown with the 130 e-prop but my friend has it (who has also flown my machine with the Helix) and he swears by his e-prop. Basically they are all good and it’s just a matter of personal preference and price. By the way we both run the larger frame than standard.

Do you mean the L size ore the one indicated for competition?

I own a L size one.