Parajet for beginners?

Wanstronian

Hi folks,

I start my training in July, why are the days going so slowly :-)

I realise that there's no one best motor (or wing) for every beginner, but currently I'm considering the AC Nitro 200 or one of the Parajet units. Veering towards Parajet as they're relatively local to me. However between the V3, the Zenith and the Maverick I'm not sure which is the best for beginners. By which I mean the most likely to withstand a sit-down on landing etc. It seems as if the Zenith would be the least suitable (looks relatively fragile), but does anybody have any advice? And which motor? I'm not bothered about eStart but I do want a clutch. I think.

Cheers

The V3 is certainly the strongest option. I trained on one with Airways & the strength & build quality is excellent. 

They have a good selection of engines to fit the V3 too so I would give them a call to discuss your preferences. They really are helpful when it comes to advice. 

Good luck with your training & choice of Paramotor. 

Don't assume that there's a paramotor in existence which won't be damaged if you whack it into the ground. A prang from a bad launch or poor landing can potentially damage any paramotor.

Concentrate on learning to ground handle and when you think you have it in the bag just keep doing it some more. Then when you can properly control a wing you can make a better decision about what kind of motor you want. If you are in proper control of the wing then you are less likely to prang your motor. 

The v3 from Parajet is awesome but the Zenith is very modular and can replace parts easily. 

There are plenty of other machines out there that are light and very strong...  The V3 is heavy but has a strong chassis the cages IMO are no stronger than other bands.. The light weight machines will always be weaker..  Go and feel and flex the machines your looking at and see for your self...

In 2016 i had a rather large Prang... 8MPS vertical impact with the ground full parachutel from 1000ft and the only damage was one bent quarter and a stiff neck... Our Mac Fly titanium machines are Roughly placed in the middle for weight Thor80 21kg Thor 130 24kg Thor190 26kg  Thor 250  32kg all very strong...  

Don't get blinkered into one or two brands go and see as many as you can and don't just buy one because you like the look... 

Thanks to everyone for their replies and advice!

On 04/02/2018 at 22:32, Shorehambeach said:

Don't buy gear until you have been trained. 

B|

I certainly don't intend to! Until I'm able to fly a paramotor I can't really decide on size, weight distribution etc. I'm just trying to get as much varied information as possible so I don't put myself under pressure to make a quick decision later!

On 05/02/2018 at 10:24, Steve said:

Don't assume that there's a paramotor in existence which won't be damaged if you whack it into the ground. A prang from a bad launch or poor landing can potentially damage any paramotor.

Concentrate on learning to ground handle and when you think you have it in the bag just keep doing it some more. Then when you can properly control a wing you can make a better decision about what kind of motor you want. If you are in proper control of the wing then you are less likely to prang your motor. 

The v3 from Parajet is awesome but the Zenith is very modular and can replace parts easily. 

The thing I  like about the V3 is how quickly the cage can be disassembled. I don't have a towhitch or a massive car so the ability to assemble and disassemble quickly is a key consideration.

On 07/02/2018 at 09:47, AndyB said:

Go to Parafest and see all the machines in one place! :)

I hope to. If everything goes to plan with the weather (ha!) I should have finished my training by then so will be in a position to go along!

Thanks folks

• Like 1