Swinging arms pivot piont below prop centre

GR002

I Have a Ten year old Stainless steel Airfer paramotor with a Moster engine. The swinging arms pivot point is 125mm below propeller centre line and when I go to full power the cage pivots forward. This brings brake handles close to netting and propeller. I take it there are newer paramotor with out this trait ? Any one wish to measure their pivot point to prop centre line for me ?

Although the arm pivot does matter to a degree the more important point that influences this situation is the relative height difference between thrust line and the pivot point of the wing attachment. Most assume this is the carabiner however it isn’t on machines like your Airfer as there is flexibility beneath the crab down past the strop to the D shackle that attaches to the arm. More modern machines not only raise the arm pivot position on the frame but also use more S shape to the arms to raise the wing attachment point higher to get it in line with the thrust. Parajet can be observed doing this if you compare a V3 against earlier versions. Another benefit from coming away from the old “fashionable” very low hang geometry is the improved ride in turbulence. You also end up with a slightly higher position for the brake pulleys which allows more travel within reach for getting a really good flare on landing. With small wings resulting in faster and faster landings this can be most helpful. I have been experimenting for the last year or so with stabilising the carabiners on set ups like yours and then the other day saw a manufacturer is no producing a similar design to what I have been using. See the pic below.

32E46DE0-6D7F-4135-A423-65B6CA039171.jpeg