Dudek Universal 1.1 Videos

AndySV1K

Hi all,

I've recorded a couple of videos of the Universal 1.1  no flying yet unfortunately, but an unboxing and also installation of tip steering lines and trimmer adjustment.

Thought they might be useful for anyone who's purchased one or looking to get one.

Andy.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, AndySV1K said:

Can't get that link to work Kran

Andy.

Not sure Andy, I'm not that tech savy. Maybe copy the link and paste in browser. I'm not sure how to post it another way. It works when I click on it in the post itself, but not in activity.

Edited by Kran
add

It maybe because its a facebook video that is only viewable to you.  When you click the link I assume you are logged into facebook.

It maybe that I can't view as I don't have the permission within facebook.

Try changing the permission of the video to public.  That may fix it.

:)

Andy.

4 minutes ago, AndySV1K said:

It maybe because its a facebook video that is only viewable to you.  When you click the link I assume you are logged into facebook.

It maybe that I can't view as I don't have the permission within facebook.

Try changing the permission of the video to public.  That may fix it.

:)

Andy.

ok, try now

6 hours ago, AndySV1K said:

Yep that's worked.  :)

Nice takeoff

Andy.

Thanks Andy, there was a lot going on there.The wing came up so easy and fast. I thought it was going to overfly me, hence the on off throttle action at the very start, but it just stopped cold and stayed there.:) A little brake also went through my mind at the point it was coming over my shoulder, so yeah a few things,lol

Edited by Kran

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Kran said:

Andy, I viewed your video today both prior, and whilst I was fitting ALC lines.

Very easy video to follow, and made lite work of what could have been a complicated fitting.

Great Video, awesome.

Thanks....

Glad it helped :)

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

what you mean "no wind landing"

its some cain sarcastic rubish???.

if I good remember 9_9 when is no wind you no need to turn around and pull wing down after landing:Dusually wing land in front of you if no wind

I can judge its at list 10mph wind from my own practice,other way this wing have no chance to stand in the  air without good blowing9_9

Edited by Dariuszk24

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2018 at 10:02, AndySV1K said:

Hi all,

I've recorded a couple of videos of the Universal 1.1  no flying yet unfortunately, but an unboxing and also installation of tip steering lines and trimmer adjustment.

Thought they might be useful for anyone who's purchased one or looking to get one.

Andy.

Hi Andy, I am new to the sport and have also bought a very nice and clean second hand Bailey, even though it is 6 years old it looks brand new. You mentioned the wing was a 23 in the video, did I hear that right? I am 90kg and the Bailey with fuel is 37.5kg, therefore I should get the 28 at least? Have you flown it yet? How did it handle? 

Thanks Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm way too much of a novice to advise on wing sizing for you i'm afraid.  With the Bailey, I'm slightly over weight on my 23m, which I knew and i'm happy with (only just over, not much).

I'd get someone to help you in person if I were you, preferably an instructor.  Where abouts are you, as I'm sure there will be people much better placed than me to help?

My first wing was a 26m Revo and at the time, my weight and motor combo put me at the bottom of the weight range of that wing, so it was a bit floaty slow to react.  currently, 10 years later with a new technology wing and smaller size, it's a more dynamic feeling to it.  I prefer the current wing even though I don't have much experience with it yet.  I feel there's a certain security in having your lines loaded well, even if things are a little faster and more dynamic.

Andy.

P.s which Bailey do you have?  Although heavy I do like them, the engine and engineering of them is top notch. (Just don't hold your breath getting spares!)