Air conception nitro200

Just trying to make up my mind, parajet have been so good to me in the past ,my parajet macro v1 I loved it so nicely put together electric start very nice but that baby was heavy as a brick shythouse.now the air conception nitro 200 electric start, clutch, and the super light weight ,has anyone got anything to say about the AC 200 nitro.your input gladly excepted. Geoffw

My Nitro 200 is being delivered next week :D. I debated between the Parajet Maverick and the Nitro 200.

The Maverick has some features I really like  - specifically, I like the press-on net as well as the way the swing arms are attached. It is much more robust that just the swingarm bolts on the Nitro. Also on the Nitro, I'm not crazy about the carbon fibre spars.

I decided to go with the Nitro 200 anyway because it seems like it might be easier to get replacement parts since Aviator PPG keeps lots of parts in stock and also I like the estart which is not an option on the Maverick.

There is a version of the Moster engine with estart but sadly, it is not offered as an option on the Maverick. If this was the case, it may have been the deciding factor for me.

My previous motor was a Vittorazzi 185 on a Kangook frame...I am in Canada.  I now own the Nitro 200 with an Air Conception frame and have about 50 hrs on it now.  It has electric start.  It is so much lighter in all respects and love the electric start vs the pull start.   I find that for me it doesn't have the power the Vittorazzi, I feel like the Nitro is just shy but close.  I weigh 230 lbs and fly a 27 sq meter Apco Force.   I have flown in 32 degree Celsius and -15 degree Celsius and have never had to adjust the carb.

Edited by Treetall100
  • Like 1

For me Parajet Maverick was the default choice but I went for the Nitro because I liked the design, thought that reliable estart with no weight penalty was a great benefit, and the pre- and post-sales support I received from Vince was superb. Also I tried very hard to find people with Nitro issues and came up with pretty much nothing. Aviator PPG have been running them for a while with students and they did a 100-hour video review in which they reported either no faults at all, or maybe one or two trivial things - I can't remember.

I pack mine away after every flight and it all fits in the boot.

Edited by Gregwatson

I’ve had quite a few motors over the years in the main because of my weight 120kg I’ve always needed a fair bit of power hence the need for the big motors in the past Simonini’s etc then went to a Moster then for some unknown reason I tried a Thor 200 they’ve all been good and had no reasons to complain other than weight with bad knees and back any prolonged walking or bending just hurts. So when the Nitro came along as with the Maverick with there advertised weights for me it was a blessing now whilst I’ve never had a Maverick on my back I have seen  and lifted one and I can tell you the build quality is as expected superb and the weight with the Moster is light, now having own and flown Nitro I can tell you it’s like a whole new world opened up to me the unit is light and although slightly less powerful than the Moster just ticks all the boxes for me mine is the basic pull start model easy to start comfortable for me at my age weight and level of fitness it’s a game changer and as for aftersales service Vince again ticks all the boxes 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you all for your time and views  on the nitro 200 it's now on order with Vincent  3 to 4 weeks .can't wait.Having only ever flown a v1parajet macro I hope the nitro 200 will be a game changer for me,all looking  good so far.  Geoffw

Whilst i dont have a nitro, i do have 2 engines of same volume that are also at opposite ends of the weight scale (6kg difference in engine weight). The loss in power of my lighter engine is noticeable however the weightsavings make an enormous difference on the ground...and for me that is very good for the anxiety generator as one is about to touchdown at "fleetspeed".

Having said that, in the air there are also significant differences in stability and feel...and these are in favour of the heavier more powerful engine and ppg unit. I wish i could test both engines on identical frame because to some extent, frame design and geometry must be a significant factor. I think with my current setup i need to downsize the wing to fly comfortably on the lighter engine.

I know one thing for sure the time is going slower since I ordered my Air conception nitro 200 titanium race frame with electric start ,clutch super lightweight,prop covers wow,wow sorry for going on iam having a bad time waiting for air conception nitro 200 titanium ............... Think I would stop there and go and have a lie down, Geoffw 

7 hours ago, geoffw said:

I know one thing for sure the time is going slower since I ordered my Air conception nitro 200 titanium race frame with electric start ,clutch super lightweight,prop covers wow,wow sorry for going on iam having a bad time waiting for air conception nitro 200 titanium ............... Think I would stop there and go and have a lie down, Geoffw 

So then Geoff what you buy in the end ?????

Well believe it or not I really don't want to go on but, thanks Neilzy for asking i think may have mentioned it! The air conception nitro 200 titanium race frame with electric start, clutch super lightweight prop covers wow,wow think I've typed this in before, think Iam in a time warp only 2 more weeks of waiting ,going to bed now that's 8 hours out the way,    .ps sorry if Iam getting on anyone's Tits good night

That is exactly what I got! Been smiling ever since. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• 2 weeks later...

Got my air conception nitro 200 titanium race frame with electric start with clutch  on Saturday from Vince at custom air ,Got to say Vince when though everything with me hang test ,assembly ,hand over brilliant service . My god these air conceptions are very well made and light  ,Got up on sunday assembled it ,fuel, primed the carb one touch of the starter and it fired up first time. Can't take the smile of my face very happy so far, just got to run it in ,can't stop looking at it very nice .BIg thanks to Vince white at custom air.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just started the running in of my new air conception nitro 200 titanium race frame with  electric start with clutch today starts with one little touch of the button .How do they do it so light and so beautiful love it just waiting for the weather to steady down.Had to pack it a way sharpish started to snow.

• Like 1