Wing repair experience (Aerofix)

I damaged my wing a while back and wanted to share my experience of Aerofix, where I sent the wing for repair.

From the get-go they were friendly, professional and kept me informed at all times. Their shipping process was very simple and efficient. As soon as the inspection had been done they called me to discuss repair options, and were very clear and pragmatic about the different choices. I was worried that being an Ozone Spyder they might not have the correct lightweight fabric and lines in stock, but they did - and so despite them being really busy at the moment they still managed to turn it round really quickly so I could carry on flying through the winter.

They found some additional damage which I wasn't even aware of, including two A-lines that had snapped cores, but still had intact sheaths so they looked fine. From what they were saying this is quite unusual, and clearly it could have been extremely dangerous (if not lethal) - I'd have got the wing back, kited it to check everything out - and it would have seemed fine. Then I'd have launched... It's even more impressive because I had told them that the lines probably didn't need inspection since it was only a single line that had got caught in the prop.

I don't give praise readily (because I generally don't think it's deserved!) but they really surpassed my expectations in every way. I can't recommend them highly enough based on my experience with them. Absolutely fantastic service.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...