Kit for a newbie

New paramotor anywhere from £5k upwards. New wing around around the £2.5k - 3k mark. Reserve around £450+. Flightdeck, instruments, helmet, comms, flying suit, gloves, boots ... hundreds and hundreds more. 

Buying used is a lottery sometimes, you get what you pay for. However, a lot of people seem to buy and then give up once they realise that the sport isn't for them so bargains do turn up - but nearly new kit tends to hold its price quite well. 

But if I were you I'd focus on training as the school will provide you with what you need, and after you've got a better feel for it all you'll be in a better position to judge what you need - plus your instructor should give you lots of unbiased advice (hopefully!). 

Have you chosen a school yet? 

• Thanks 1

As a new pilot @100kg your going to need some power.. so the smaller motors will be out... motor wise your going to be looking at the Vittorazi Moster, Thor 190, Thor 200, Minari, etc for a little extra fun power and eco a Thor 250 but this might be a little over the top...  As for what chassis you go for is personal choice.. The 'Main' chassis would be Mac Fly that we sell, Parajet, Pap, and the AC.. all of these machine have good UK back up, Mac Fly sussex paramotors (me) PAP UK (Dan Kettle), Parajet (Posh Tom) and AC (Vince).... not forgetting the British built Bulldog (Clive Bunce) what ever you go for make sure you have good back up with parts as you will probably need them sooner rather than later...   Don't rush into buying the first machine you see go and look at your top choice.... 

It may be a little early to be asking what you want from the sport but try and work out what you want to do...  Local flights, Long XC, Moving on to smaller wings for dynamic style flying..  buying a high fuel burn motor like the moster will cut down your XC distance as ave weight pilots flying an economic wing will be getting 4.5-5lph you at 100kg will be burning much more.. A machine with a smaller tank 10 litres and a motor thats burning 5-6litres an hour @100kg is going to make a short xc..    

• Thanks 1

I would look at the Airconception Nitro lightest machine out there well built titanium chassis comfortable harness, great after sales service, bags of power but delivered smoothly well usable machine in today’s Paramotor market a real game changer 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve said:

New paramotor anywhere from £5k upwards. New wing around around the £2.5k - 3k mark. Reserve around £450+. Flightdeck, instruments, helmet, comms, flying suit, gloves, boots ... hundreds and hundreds more. 

Buying used is a lottery sometimes, you get what you pay for. However, a lot of people seem to buy and then give up once they realise that the sport isn't for them so bargains do turn up - but nearly new kit tends to hold its price quite well. 

But if I were you I'd focus on training as the school will provide you with what you need, and after you've got a better feel for it all you'll be in a better position to judge what you need - plus your instructor should give you lots of unbiased advice (hopefully!). 

Have you chosen a school yet? 

Just started learning with Simon at paramorortraining at membury.

Picked the wrong time of year to start perhaps, but will grin and brave it.  Looks so much more fun in a t shirt and shorts than in boots and thick clothing :)

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Just started learning with Simon at paramorortraining at membury.

Picked the wrong time of year to start perhaps, but will grin and brave it.  Looks so much more fun in a t shirt and shorts than in boots and thick clothing :)

Don't worry, you'll learn perfectly well in the winter and get the benefit of some fantastic smooth air which winter often provides. Then when the summer comes you'll be ready to make the most of every bit of it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...