Opinions plz =Mac Para charger or Gin Pegasus?

Solstice

So many people said  the MAC PARA CHARGER is a great wing! I also was told it has bad flare and fast landings for a noob just starting out?

I was told the GIN PEGASUS was a better wing because of slower landings.

http://www.macpara.com/en/charger.html

http://gingliders.com/paramotoring/pegasus/

Any opinions?

Thank you, Randy

Edited by Solstice

Solstice,

I have a charger and I have to say the landings are pretty fast compared to my previous MacPara Muse 3 wing ( non-reflex). But totally manageable...first time landing the charger was not pretty but i learned quickly to scrub off some speed with a tiny bit of brake coming in and it works fine. 

B

Thank you Papagyo   for your reply.

Sorry I didnt reply soon I lost the link to this forum .

That is the reason I asked between the two wings I have heard that with the Mac Para Charger. But I also read that its a wing that I wouldn't out grow for a while. I didnt know if I should risk buying it or not. So you have had only one bad landing? how many good landings after that? How long have you had the wing?

Hi,

Only one marginal landing and only because I was not expecting the speed increase while landing...nothing major happened or broke just did not land on feet mostly. Had the wing for almost a year and no trouble landing after the first one. I guess I expected it to land nice and slow like the the Muse did..my mistake. I would not go back to a Muse as this one launches easier in nil wind and handles much better. No complaints about it at all. I ordered mine in custom colors so I think I will have it for a while.

Brian

So you had experience flying before using this wing.. I'm thinking about going with the Mac Para Charger even though I have no experience flying. IV read great things about it. Sounds like the worst thing is a butt landing... And from what I have read a lot of people do this starting out, lol

Hi,

I would not say I had a lot of experience with the Muse maybe 5 flights. Thing was I learned on Dudek Universal (reflex) and then got the Muse and found that it was not anything like the Universal so decided to go with charger based on reviews and help from instructor friend. 

B

I am totally new to paragliding/motoring.  I bought the Charger and I have been extremely pleased with performance.  Very easy to inflate.  Easy to control, and I disagree with the fast landings.  Because it is a reflex wing you do have the ability to trim.  With the trims all the way in you can touch down like a feather.  I nailed my very first landing ever flying off a dam.  So, I would highly reccommend the Charger as it WILL allow you to be a noob beginner, learn, and then advance well beyond the limitations of a starter wing.  Just my personal opinion as a noobie learning this incredible sport.

hi  imagine buying any car that your interested in.and think the same way as buying a new paramotor wing..both ways youll have a demo before you buy..what have you got to lose?. nothing . gain experience on a different kind of wing.   demo the wing your interested in. and learn     *<|;0)    while having a demo respect.the wing isnt yours its a demo wing. take it easy.get the feel of the wing.

Tonyparamotor,

Trying a wing before you buy is not always an option to everyone. I live literally 1000 miles away from the dealer I buy from and dealers are scarce in Montana and Wyoming. Same goes for rest of kit..do the homework. The local dealers/instructors (within 150 miles) push you to buy their stuff as none will allow training on their kit and would NEVER encourage the purchase of used equipment.

Brian