Sena 30K set up

Guest chrisg547

Guest chrisg547

Finally made a helmet with the Sena 30K that I've been waiting months for. All told I've been wanting to put bluetooth on a helmet for a couple of years.

Just waiting for some good weather to see if it does what it says on the tin.

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 12.33.02.jpg

Edited by chrisg547

Guest chrisg547

Cheers. This was the helmet for prototyping and i will probably do it with another one sometime. The speaker cable runs comes around the 2 o'clock position, under the metal rm, kind of inline with the bottom of the Sena.

The more I look at helmets the more inclined I am to get something that doesn't have anything stuck on the outside. It's not just the snagging risk but also the potential effect on head protection (as mentioned in another post). I guess the Sena 10R units are very low profile and unlikely to snag or penetrate the helmet, but my ideal remains something with no external stuff stuck on. I guess a proper set of headsets would be fine. 

• Like 1

Guest chrisg547
12 hours ago, custom-vince said:

If you look up and left, be careful that you do not hook yourself to your netting and then have to fly looking up and left, it will make it hard to land.

Fair point Vince. I broke my neck years ago and now it doesn't turn that much. But it did cross my mind and i will test that out before i fly. I may try the motorbike style and hook it to the bottom of the helmet behind the ear cup.

Guest chrisg547
On 24/10/2017 at 22:38, chrisg547 said:

Fair point Vince. I broke my neck years ago and now it doesn't turn that much. But it did cross my mind and i will test that out before i fly. I may try the motorbike style and hook it to the bottom of the helmet behind the ear cup.

Flew with yesterday. It doesn't snag or foul in the netting. I'm also really impressed with the range. We got about a mile before it started breaking up. Called a couple of people too and they didn't even know i was flying. Also made a Facteime audio call to my chick on her laptop, who was in Africa. You gotta love technology !!

• 1 year later...