Which one to buy Air Conception Nitro 200 or Blackhawk Talon 190

Solstice

Hi,

I am looking to buy my first set up and after all my research I narrowed it down to these two :

1. a   Air conception nitro 200 Titanium

$7,695

28 HP   @8100rpm 

165lbs thrust 

Weight 42.6lbs

1.b  Mac Para Charger Wing

Size 25

Price $3,200

Total =$10,895

2.BlackHawk Talon 190 

25.2 @8300 rpm

170 thrust ( approximately) 

Weight 54lbs

Velocity Core Wing

Package deal = $8,995

Which one would you buy for a beginner setup? I'm sure many people has asked this question but  it's a bit overwhelming. 

I also have to pick out a helmet which I have not even started a search on them yet any suggestions is greatly appreciated!  I will be flying in both the cold and hot weather. Do they have a helmet that the sheild snaps on and off like motorcycle cycle helmets?and do any helmets have air vents? I would want a good helmet and nothing to cheap. 

Thanks, Randy 

Also consider second hand gear for your first equipment. Cheaper and something to start with until you figured out what you really need.

About Black Hawk, I don't like how they advertise their stuff, everything is always better than the competition. 10x better, runs cooler, much more power, less sound, more durable.
Too much bullshit and when that happens I always stay away. So nothing negative about their products, I've heard good and bad about them, I think they are a bit pricey, but maybe you get lots of extras with the package, don't know.

Maybe this is an american way of selling stuff, because I can see the same thing with lots of other dealers just from USA.

On the other hand, I see more customers that praise the AC then I see sales pitch from sellers. The users absolutely love them, and some of the pilots who have switched have flown pretty much everything out there. Personally I would consider them. (I don't like a few things about their cages, but that's just me)

But there are so many good machines out there so if I didn't buy second hand I would need like 6 months just to compare everything out there.

Check kangook, parajet, adventure, fresh breeze, scout, nirvana, pap, pxp, miniplane, SkyMax, Paraelement, R.ultralight. MacFly, Fly Products, Flymecc and all the other brands out there. 
There are so much more out there then just the current hype, and some of the smaller brands sometimes have the most impressive solutions and features.

Think about more than weight, power, price, durability, because everyone will claim that they are best anyway. Look at hang points, comfort, harness details, torque compensation. materials used, read about the alloys. engine details, travel solutions, service, replacement parts and possible upgrades. Do you need a trike attachment? Do you need a bladder fuel tank as an option? What kind of throttle? What do the different brands offer? Right or left hand?

When you go over the details you don't have to let others decide for you if you should buy A or B.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, papagyo said:

Solstice,

You will not be disappointed with  the MacPara Charger, launches super easy and is great to fly, I fly a 31m size. If it was me I would take the Nitro hands down.

B

Thx u have read great things about the MacPara as well... I have not heard much about blackhawk and its a package deal and it's their beginner wing. Thx for tour reply ?

14 hours ago, Casper said:

Also consider second hand gear for your first equipment. Cheaper and something to start with until you figured out what you really need.

About Black Hawk, I don't like how they advertise their stuff, everything is always better than the competition. 10x better, runs cooler, much more power, less sound, more durable.
Too much bullshit and when that happens I always stay away. So nothing negative about their products, I've heard good and bad about them, I think they are a bit pricey, but maybe you get lots of extras with the package, don't know.

Maybe this is an american way of selling stuff, because I can see the same thing with lots of other dealers just from USA.

On the other hand, I see more customers that praise the AC then I see sales pitch from sellers. The users absolutely love them, and some of the pilots who have switched have flown pretty much everything out there. Personally I would consider them. (I don't like a few things about their cages, but that's just me)

But there are so many good machines out there so if I didn't buy second hand I would need like 6 months just to compare everything out there.

Check kangook, parajet, adventure, fresh breeze, scout, nirvana, pap, pxp, miniplane, SkyMax, Paraelement, R.ultralight. MacFly, Fly Products, Flymecc and all the other brands out there. 
There are so much more out there then just the current hype, and some of the smaller brands sometimes have the most impressive solutions and features.

Think about more than weight, power, price, durability, because everyone will claim that they are best anyway. Look at hang points, comfort, harness details, torque compensation. materials used, read about the alloys. engine details, travel solutions, service, replacement parts and possible upgrades. Do you need a trike attachment? Do you need a bladder fuel tank as an option? What kind of throttle? What do the different brands offer? Right or left hand?

When you go over the details you don't have to let others decide for you if you should buy A or B.

Hi Casper, 

Thank you for all the great advice. I definitely don't want used equipment. From my experience in life there is to much bad stuff being sold. I even thought about a engine with low hours but then I am concerned if the owner did a proper break in period which is very important. 

I have researched most of the paramotors that you suggested. I didn't care to much for the torque compensation on the blackhawk because they use the wing to compensate where as AC uses the angle of trailing arms and I would be able to use a lot more wings then on a blackhawk. And I know exactly what you mean when you said blackhawk claims their motors run cooler then any others. I was wondering if it's actually true or just a sales pitch. 

I believe I will go with the Nitro 200 Titanium and the MacPara wing after hearing from you guys on this post and from my research that I have done and read. 

I am usually a very very patient man.... But two months ago that all changed when I seen my first video of foot launching a paramotor! ?  I can't wait to get into the air!! 

Thx agian, 

Randy 

• 10 months later...