Paramotor weight's over the years.....

A funny thing... Around 13-years ago my first Paramotor was a RAD which weighed 19kg ready to fly. 13-years on, I take delivery of my new Maverick EOS 100, which weighs 19KG ready to fly.

Have things actually moved on that much or have we just popped out of the 'LOADS OF POWER LOADS OF WEIGHT' phase that seems to have plagued the light weight development of the sport for the last 10-years or so?? I do hope so as the vast majority of people are currently flying machines with more power than is needed and more weight as a result. 

I think the newer developments with the Nitro and the Maverick with the lighter engines are the way forward and hope that the manufacturers are starting to focus more on this in the coming years. :-):-) 

Bring on the next flyable window!!!! (it will be my fault that it's crappy weather now for a few days of course!) lol 

If anyone would like to come and have a look at the new EOS Maverick, (flying is a possibility if you know what your doing) this can be arranged at Membury Airfield near Swindon. (Please call to arrange) 07983 428 453

59e2fd53b1fcb_RADParamotor.jpg.511d6e37280dbc01a5efdedbf82adbc2.jpg59e2fd5770b29_ParajetMavrickeos100.jpg.26bab02a5efcc21381cca7592ea674a5.jpg

SW :D

Edited by admin (Simon W)
spelling + Pics added

1 hour ago, Steve said:

My WAGS (Writer's Anal Grammar Syndrome) is driving me nuts - please have mercy on me and remove that apostrophe before I do myself harm. ;-) 

Sorry Steve, but some of us did't have the privilege of going to university and had to work for a living. :-)

• Haha 1

Parajet won't be pleased with you comparing the Maverick to the Rad O.o

Need to explain for the ones who got into the sport after things like the radne raket < yes it was actually called the raket, you can still buy them, still make a raket to.

The rad was fine at its time. Compared now, the only thing similar is the weight.

The prop size, thrust, noise, portability, comfort, weight shift, build quality are all very different. Its like comparing a Lada to a Focus 1litre eco, yes its got 4 doors small engine ;)

Light weight machines have been around all the time, miniplane being the most known but there were all sort of euro motors that I can't remember the names of.

There was lots of weight and power claims and thats all they were. I had a fly products solo at 22kg which actually weighed 28kg it had a claimed thrust of 60kg which was actually 37kg. Things have improved on that scale. The eos puts out a measured 50kg-55kg of thrust. The eos 150 has been running for while but not properly released till it can run reliably, same for their 4 stroke. Good healthy competition to keep all the manufacturers on their toes.

the 2 competing models now would be Miniplane top80 and the Maverick Eos 100 Booster

Its good nowadays to have such a choice of decent machines. In the past it was a choice of the good one or the duff one.

I am not sure that my post has come across as intended.... ?????

I am not suggesting for a second that a RAD is comparable to the Maverick. This is a post about Paramotors in general and how they have headed towards big engines, and loads of power rather than lighter and enough power. 

I used the RAD and the Mav as an example because it is my personal situation. 

SW :D