Paramotors in & on Cars Vans etc

custom-vince

I thought I would start a thread with some pictures of my nitro in and on various cars, I hope this will grow and everyone will share pictures of their paramotors either compacted into a car, or complete in a van or on a car with our various methods of transport.

Hopefully we can learn which van is best, which paramotors fit in which cars.

To start off heres a few pics.

This one always makes me chuckle first. My Smart Cabrio is an excellent van :)

37413340111_c7cc5659ac_b.jpgParamotor transport by Surfer Vince, on Flickr

37413188661_e82c34e0a3_c.jpgParamotor transport by Surfer Vince, on Flickr

36745104503_0e03f63d71_c.jpgParamotor transport by Surfer Vince, on Flickr

Edited by custom-vince
  • Haha 1

A bit more effort and expense than a straight rack, so I don't know if this qualifies...?  I took a bog standard Ifor Williams box trailer and converted it into a 'stealth camper' to haul my motor in the dry and also have a  place to live whilst I was on the road.  The 'mobile man cave' has turned out quite well, with the paramotor well secured using ratchet straps to some cargo tracks I've secured to the floor.  Couple more photos to follow...

Stealth camper trailer 1.jpg

Stealth camper trailer 2.jpg

BV843.JPG

• 1 month later...

Heres a another. AC Nitro in a padded Sol bag and the AC padded frame bag. Fits neatly in the back of and Audi S6

24440790508_afe904128c_c.jpg

Air Conception Nitro in a SOL bag plus ozone Spyder all in the back of Audi S6 V8 by Surfer Vince, on Flickr

Theres Room for an Ozone Spyder and still space.

24440788198_ae5d4cfd32_c.jpg

Air Conception Nitro in a SOL bag plus ozone Spyder all in the back of Audi S6 V8 by Surfer Vince, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Heres another. Cheapy ebay bike rack £18. claimed to be rated to 30kg, takes my 85+kg. Simply grips the swan neck or other type towball.

37710213535_7f2b9f9003_c.jpg

Ebay Bike rack which grips swan neck towball. by Surfer Vince, on Flickr

38598336511_a44310540f_c.jpg

It can even ride reverse cowgirl ;)

38541067776_f22b1a9ecb_c.jpg

Edited by custom-vince

Great pics.  That smart car looks like it would take off.

For those who dismantle and put in the car, is there any good way to limit the smell of fuel?

Is there a way to transport on the back of a hatchback without using a towbar? I do have a bike rack, but doubt whether it would be secure or strong enough. Obviously will need an electrical connection for lightboard.

Here is a cheap estate car bike rack from argos - perfect for the job and I just added number plate as lights are still visible. I have added a strap from the paramotor to my roof bars after the picture was taken. Works really well. I have bought a £12 BBQ cover to fully cover it when i think it might rain.

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG