Ozone Freeride

Hemberg

Guy, holding both brakes at 2 really helps a lot. The test I did was with no brakes. However, that flight was sufficiently gusty to require some active inputs to not get sea-sick!

Just been flying now in zero to 2 knots and wing is absolutely dead stable.  Here is Puerto Banus harbour 2 hours ago,

download.png

18 hours ago, AndyB said:

Guy, holding both brakes at 2 really helps a lot. The test I did was with no brakes. However, that flight was sufficiently gusty to require some active inputs to not get sea-sick!

Just been flying now in zero to 2 knots and wing is absolutely dead stable.  Here is Puerto Banus harbour 2 hours ago,

download.png

Envy!!

guy,    according to the type of wing that you have. a wing with more then a arch .will swing. more so according to the power.and wind speed. a pilot can minimize the swing. adjustments as needed. this swing effect. its not something that recently happening. I've mentioned this in my videos more then once. .goes in one ear out the other. the wing manufactures know about this.. and they will explain in there own way..? i dont work for any wing manufacturer. if and when I am interested in buying another wing. then they work for me.not vicer verser.  if any pilot has problems with any wing the manufacturers will not like this! and my reply  is iam glad ... then they should of got it right in the first place. as they keep saying they have there own experts testing the wings out. and simple things like the brake magnets not being strong enough to hold onto the riser block. simple thing like this but there experts didnt notice? and what else have they not noticed? geez iam no expert i notice things that are not right..  then i will say so.iam not here to please the wing sales man or the makers  ever. if its a good wing then ill say so.if its a crap wing ill say so.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2018 at 11:28, TONYPARAMOTOR said:

guy,    according to the type of wing that you have. a wing with more then a arch .will swing. more so according to the power.and wind speed. a pilot can minimize the swing. adjustments as needed. this swing effect. its not something that recently happening. I've mentioned this in my videos more then once. .goes in one ear out the other. the wing manufactures know about this.. and they will explain in there own way..? i dont work for any wing manufacturer. if and when I am interested in buying another wing. then they work for me.not vicer verser.  if any pilot has problems with any wing the manufacturers will not like this! and my reply  is iam glad ... then they should of got it right in the first place. as they keep saying they have there own experts testing the wings out. and simple things like the brake magnets not being strong enough to hold onto the riser block. simple thing like this but there experts didnt notice? and what else have they not noticed? geez iam no expert i notice things that are not right..  then i will say so.iam not here to please the wing sales man or the makers  ever. if its a good wing then ill say so.if its a crap wing ill say so.

Thanks Tony, interesting read.

• 2 years later...
On 27/01/2018 at 04:02, Mitchg said:

The Hadronxx has a higher aspect ratio than the Freeride and my Hadron is 1m smaller but it much less twitchy than a freeride. Higher aspect ratio doesnt always mean one design will be more twitchy than another. I believe the Hadron is less twitchy because of the amount of reflex it has even with trims in. Where as the freeride gains more reflex as you trim out or speedbar, but with the tirms in, its closer to a freeflight wing (twitchy but efficient).

I'm pretty sure the ozone wings are a constant reflex profile and only alter the angle of attack. Don't think they alter the profile.