New to the area

Hi all,

Im moving to lower Saxondale in the next couple of weeks and wondered whether I could be in your gang? Been aparmotoring for a little while now, but havent got out as much as I would have liked over the past year. I really want to change that.

Anyone who would like to say, Hi??

Many thanks,

Marc

Marc,

Thanks for the offer which I would take up but - I am down 'ere in Zummerzet not local to 'ee.

'Just trying to make it a little more obvious where you are that's all as I had no idea where Saxondale is and though others might not either. You should bump into someone around there, speaking figuratively of course....

• 2 weeks later...

Marc,

I guess you will have move by now ? I hope it went OK.

I don't know Saxondale, but I do know the general area - grew up near Keyworth, and my folks are still in the area.

Have you managed to spot any likely flying sites ?

No immediate plans for a beer as first child is due anytime soon, but keep in touch.

There are a few pilots in the area, so should be easy to meet up.

Have you been flying for long & what do you fly ?

I'm still new to this and I don't have kit yet, but it should be ready soon.

Cheers,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mike!

Yup, Im all moved in now and settling in nicely. I have been flying for a couple of years. However, I have not logged anywhere near as many hours as I would have liked. Last years summer (if you can call it that) was a complete washout, which means that I havent been out since the new year. I fly Fresh breeze solo210 with a silex wing which is not cutting edge but its good for my needs. If I find some decent flying in this year, I think Ill upgrade.

I havent managed to find any flying sites around here yet and drove to Herts at the weekend in the hope of getting aloft (only to be blown out by gusty conditions). Id love to hear from anyone who knows of any decent sites around here. Driving to and from work there seem to be lots of opportunity for decent TO zones, I guess I just need to chat with the local farmers nicely.

Anyway, must go.

Take care,

Marc

Marc,

I don't know any flying sites near you, but I know there are some towards loughborough. They are all based on relationships between individual pilots and landowners. Beacuse of this, people are reluctant to give out location details etc. on forums in case other pilots cause problems and the site is lost.

I think it is just a matter of finding a good site, and speaking to whoever owns it. Most people offer to pay some cash each time they use the site. Google earth is a pretty good way of spotting potential sites.

Give me a call if you like 07733 293 923, maybe we could meet up for a beer. My motor hasn't arrived yet - but baby has! so not sure how much flying I'll get in.

Cheers,

Mike