Where to train? Cornwall

pasty

Hi guys!

I've been trying to find somewhere to train for a while. Been sending emails to cloud 9 on and off for the last 12 months but never heard anything back from them. Is there anyone else recommended down this way?

Cheers 

Pasty

------------------------------------------ADMIN UPDATE---------------------------------------------

There is now a school at Davidstow in Cornwall. See: www.paramotortraining.com 

Edited by admin (Simon W)
link added to school in Cornwall.

Thanks! Yeah it's a shame as it would have been really convenient and less disruptive workwise, to be able to train so close to home. I've tried email, facebook, twitter, phone and text.....absolutely nothing, does anyone know if they are still active? Their social media accounts don't seem to have been active in the last year. 

Is there anywhere in Devon? Otherwise if I can sort logistics I will be in touch soon Simon. 

Cheers

Pasty

Currently I am responsible for a small group of PPG guys at Davidstow, but I'm afraid we have no instructors of sort!!

But, a guy taught three of the chaps who flys from here.  He is from from Redruth, but I can’t vouch for him. I know his Facebook name is ‘Fly Phippsy’ and I am not sure if this is the guy from Cloud 9 or not.

Of course you're happy to come down here and see the guys and once you’re in the air and a competent flyer – you’re be welcome to fly with us anytime :-)

Tony.

Thanks Tony. Yeah I know Davidstow well, do you get many clear days up there? We tried to get permission to use the old race circuit a few years ago. 

Fly Phippsy is cloud 9 unfortunately. I did read a comment somewhere that although they were still training they were being selective with who they took on. 

I'll definitely head up there once I'm sorted, cheers!

Pasty 

re: clear days - you do need to pick the right ones, because it is the highest airfield in the UK.  Best times are in the evening - the wind seems to blow in the right direction and the air is clear (most of the time)

I thought he might, because the guys that use Davidstow are always PG pilots too.

Tony 

• 5 months later...

Hi Phil, welcome to the Paramotor club :-)

I am 99% sure that the instructor that was in Cornwall is no longer teaching I am afraid to say. :-( (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) 

We do teach a good number of people from Devon / Cornwall, so I guess it may be us that you come too if there is still no one closer. 

Again, welcome and please do fire any questions you have at us. 

SW :D

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hayneflyer said:

I trained with Phippsy at Cloud9

I fly at Davidstow with two guys who was also trained with Phippsy and they rate him pretty high too.  Never met the guy to be honest so not sure how old he is.  Shame, because it seems like he was the only guy teaching this end of the world.

Seems like a good job for someone!!!

• 1 month later...