How many flyable days in the UK?

Hi All,

Can anyone give me an estimate of the percent of flyable days we get in the UK? I'm particularly interested in the westcountry if anyone has local knowledge.

What kind of conditions are required for safe flying? 

I'm super keen to get into paramotoring but I want to make sure I can do it enough to justify training and kit expenses.

Thanks for your help!

You need to avoid big gusty conditions, use light or nil wind, depending on your experience but it comes down to what you are prepared to fly in. Stay out of midday flying on sunny hot days. You can't fly in the rain.

We all seem to get a reasonable amount of flying time, you might have to wait for weeks but then you might have loads of good weather for a while. If you're in the UK and you want to learn to fly then just get on with it.

• Upvote 1

Other than getting up at 2.45 in the morning (well done Lee...........great video) the weather seems pretty naff at the moment. I have very little experience of these things, but I have been told that on the whole, there is more flyable weather in the winter than the summer.

I would appreciate views from more seasoned aviators (if only to have something to look forward to).