Paramotor Camping kit.

Check out this little number for those who like a bit of adventure with there Paramotoring :-)

598324d84e766_cooltent.jpg.31137b2d74675fb2a2769ed77333f312.jpg

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rhinowolf-the-all-in-one-attachable-super-tent-camping-travel#/

A little pricey to be fair, but looks just the job ( I would think, a slightly longer bag, not as wide would fit nicely under the petrol tank on a Zenith!! :-):-)

SW :D

• Like 1

It's a really nice idea, I'm always a bit sceptical of the ratings tho. I do a chunk of wild camping in wales and this would bring my bag size down considerably!

only one thing for it simon you get one and let us know if you get a comfortable nights sleep ;)

• Like 1

As an avid hiker and fly-camper, I dislike this intensely. It's a one-size-fits-all solution that doesn't let peopler swap out their air mattress or sleeping bag to something suited to the person, conditions or season. They claim it is lighter than the parts separately but it is only a fraction lighter. It is cheap though through the indiegogo offer - it will fail in the market at the listed retail price. When you connect multiples of them together, the entrance is at the end so you have to go through everyone's space to get to yours. If you need to pee at 3am and you're in the middle, well, you're waking up everyone from you to the door.

When I flycamp I take my REI T2 half dome (3lbs) hydrogen sleeping bag (11 oz) and air mattress (2lb 2oz?) (total: 5lb 13oz) but if it's midsummer I can leave the tent and sleeping back, and just take the mattress and a tarp tent that fits in my pocket! (9 oz).

Fly out to a local off-trail lake or ridge or mesa or sand bank, enjoy the night, return home next dawn. Or even better, have a stash of pre-mixed fuel dropped off at my planned camping site so the next morning I can get in some early flying, then explore/hike during the day and fly back to the truck in the evening/sunset.

I'm still planning a huge Historic Route 66 flight west to east over a month or more in 2018 with ground support, if anyone's interested.

• Like 1

Do you have a pic of that all packed on to your Paramotor for us? 

The reason I shared this was mainly the 'one bag' solution which looks as though it would fit onto just about any paramotor :-) 

For hardcore mountain work this is clearly not the kit to have, but for a weekend BBQ in Wales it 'looks' like a great idea to me. 

SW :D

I have flown with a small rucksack on. It doesn't feel like added weight on your back. I first put the rucksack on back to front, on my front. When strapping in to the paramotor I put the harness fastenings between the rucksack and me. My reserve is at the side!

I love sleeping rough and I'm a sucker for anything that saves weight. I'm always surprised by how much kit some people take camping. I went for a 36 hour hike out with some friends a couple of years ago on the Isle of Skye and I took a small pack with a sleeping bag, spare pair of socks, jumper and rations. The other guys rocked up with enough kit for a week. I admit I rarely camp in much below freezing but I've never understood the need for a tent, I've got an old snow peak tarp like this one, https://snowpeak.com/collections/shelters/products/penta-air-tarp?variant=22530095428 which is similar concept to the Rhino wolf thing.  Can't recommend it enough.

Im keen to do a fly camp trip though, that's one thing I'm yet to do.

Edited by Patrick1
  • Like 1