Whats the best equipment?

I am a Private Pilot and have decided to move forward with training and the purchase of a Paramotor.  For you Pilots that have been in the Sport for a while, I have been looking at the following units. I would appreciate your opinions and recommendations.

Air Conception Nitro 200 with Estart and clutch

Carbon Scout

Nirvana Instinct

You input is much appreciated!!

I just ordered AC Nitro after 18 months with Parajet V3 190. The sturdier models are recommended for bump resistance in the early days, but Vince of AC says the lighter weight of AC makes bumps less likely. I have had one bump and that was to me and not the machine!

• Upvote 1

I am also a private pilot having returned to Paramotoring a year ago after a 8 year gap, I had 2 previous years flying Paramotors,

Ihad about 30 hours previous and about 20 hrs so far, I would highly recommend a V3 as there is no doubt you will bottom out at some time, even the top lads do now and again.

so far I've had no extra expense as the V3 can take the bumps and I've had a couple.

• Upvote 1

I had both Nirvana Rodeo and Nirvana Instinct paramotors, Nirvanas top sellers.

To my opinion, it is a bit controversial. 

Nirvana is a unique manufacturer as they are not only making the frames, fuel tanks and assembly but tune the engines profoundly – Simonini undergoes some milling operations to improve heat dissipation, gets new exhaust, new air intake, new ball bearing and etc etc etc. In terms of reliability, Simonini tuned by Norvana … probably is the best engine.

Moreover, they do a lot of really useful options as carburetor heating and onboard generator to supply the heated gloves if you are flying in a very cold climate. So if you are flying under conditions like this, you will be really happy ))

IMG_1022.jpg

Nirvanas harness (compatible with their machines only) is one of the most comfortable I ever flied. Propellers they manufacture for their paramotors are exceptionally good and one bolt system to connect the prop to the paramotor is reliable and time saving.

And it is the most beautiful looking paramotor (in my opinion).

At the same time, they tune the same Simonini Engines for the last 10 years. They are not the lightest ones and the whole paramotor is not the lightest as well.

Then they use high soft hangpoints with semi-movable middle horns. Of course, it is another discussion but – in my opinion (flying cross country predominantly) – I would not go for this hang type again. Because you cannot use the weight of your body to change the flight direction, the feedback from the wing is not clear in comparison to S horns I am flying now. Flight is more comfortable but if you find yourself in a rough conditions and strong turbulence you might be not able to distinguish some input from the wing you have to be aware of.

Then in deep spirals aluminum horns inside the harness are loosing the shape and have to be unclenched and replaced just in 40 – 50 hours. The same about the aluminum bracket going across the frame to which the horns are attached to. Sometimes the quality of the parts used is not as good as you expect.

Rodeo and Instinct (especially Instinct) are prawn to twist under certain conditions. I understand that one can say the same about any paramotor, but it is an abyss between Skymax (with S-horns, I fly now, Air Concept has the same hang type) and Nirvana. Nirvanas harnesses having diagonal strap specially to compensate the reactive component and other paramotors just do not need one.

With Nirvana Instinct every assembly was a bit of a headache for me – the net usually is in a mess when being transported and is a conundrum to untangle. If you are not assembling/disassembling it every time it is much easier.

So, if you really love the appearance of Nirvana – go for it. Generally speaking there is nothing wrong with this paramotor but do not expect it will be totally flawless. I would go for Rodeo instead of Instinct because of the frame but Rodeo has 10 liters fuel tank and the flight range will shorter. 

On 11/07/2017 at 15:02, TEXASPILOT said:

I am a Private Pilot and have decided to move forward with training and the purchase of a Paramotor.  For you Pilots that have been in the Sport for a while, I have been looking at the following units. I would appreciate your opinions and recommendations.

Air Conception Nitro 200 with Estart and clutch

Carbon Scout

Nirvana Instinct

You input is much appreciated!!

Parajet...V3 Model.  Safer and Stronger than any of your Choices... great service... they will help you choose what is right for you..

Raymcm.