Duxford Red arrows display / Paramotor!

admin (Simon W)

In this case a radio would have only helped when it was too late already. :-( 

It is very important that people check NOTAM's pre flight EVERY TIME. 

This time of year NOTAMS are all over the place!!! airshow season, transiting red arrows, BOB displays and transiting....

You should all be thinking of the sky as Shark infested water!!! And someone has taken the time out to tell you exactly where and when those sharks are so you can avoid them!! 

Had this of been any one of a number of Royal flights, the Paramotor (it seems) pilot would have people wearing black stuff pointing bang bang sticks in his or her general direction the instant they landed. 

STAY ALERT AND STAY ALIVE! 

http://notaminfo.com/ukmap is a link that takes you to a FREE map which displays NOTAMS. 

SW :D

So I just had a call from the guys at at the CAA (for more information about the Summer Fly-in NOTAM that I have submitted) Once that conversation was out of the way I asked if there was any news on the 'glider pilot' Duxford event.... 

I can confirm that it was indeed not a Paramotor. It also sounds as though they have an idea who they are looking for. :-)

SW :D

I have just been to a Thames Valley Aeroclub meeting and met someone who was there. What he saw was a paraglider or paramotor , (too far to see or hear an engine), but the behaviour he described- long straight track at constant altitude, did make it sound more like a paramotor.

On 7/12/2017 at 21:13, PatPux said:

... long straight track at constant altitude, did make it sound more like a paramotor.

I don't know about anyone else but that really doesn't describe me in the air, even slightly. 

• Upvote 1