Miniplane front mounted reserve

Justin

Hi, I've got a Miniplane paramotor with the Apco harness & I want to fit a front mounted reserve. 

I've also got a Gin One G 42 reserve. Is there a front mounted container I could use for this reserve that attaches directly to the main karabiners on the  ABM arms of the Miniplane rather than a Y bridle onto the shoulder straps?

I'm thinking maybe the Gin One G 42 is a bit bulky for a front mounted reserve & the newer lighter generation of reserves would be better? Any advice on this would be really appreciated.

thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin ' I'm using the snip" front mount on my miniplane as recommend by Christian on here I did try a normal type bulky front mount but didn't like it much ' banging against your legs on forward launch .   There's a pic of snip on miniplane uk site .

cas . 

Hi Cas,

I've had a look on the Miniplane website & I've seen the Snip reserve on there. It does look nice & compact. Any idea what the weight of it is & does it come complete with the outer container?

I would probably need the bigger size as I stood on the scales with my motor & wing & 1/3 tank of fuel & was 110kg all up. 

Also, I see the Snip attachments fasten directly to the main carabiners, which I like, but does the container attach anywhere to the harness?

Thanks again,

Justin

I have the large version snip , and is maxed at 130 kg . No problem attaching it to harness as there various options ' container is attached separate then reserve bridles go to my carabiners same as wing but with a separate carabiners ' only because it's a bit of a faff opening carabiner gate with two hoops in there  . Also serves as a cockpit 'it comes with a Velcro pad to place your instruments . I did post some pics on here but can't remember what section they are in .

cas .     Give Russ a call at miniplane 

Thanks again cas, that's been really helpful. I'll contact them at Miniplane for a chat about it but I think the Snap is the way to go. To be fair it seems really good value when you compare it to other brands like Gin & Independance! Granted the Independance Utra Cross is super light & compact. I have the Ultra Cross 100 for my Ozone Ultralite but the max weight is only 100kg. 

Thanks again,

Justin