Removing Drive Belt Adventure F3

Bob Moore

Does anybody know  an easy way (ie other than pulling off drive pulleys) to remove the drive belt on an Adventure f3 paramotor please?

There is no assymetric adjuster as far as I can see to slacken it.. Both drive pulleys are fixed on their shafts.  It's a tight belt so I doubt I can gradually ease it off by turning it over as I  have done on another motor.

The teeth on the electric start drive disc are a bit damaged in one spot, and the motor always stops in the same place when you kill it, hence it always starts, throws in the bendix thingy, in the same spot. I'm hoping to remove it and shift it around by 90 degs on the pulley.

Oh well, thought I'd have a go at getting the pulleys off.  I should have left it alone.  I'd filed the damaged teeth and it was starting Ok, now it's f.cked!

Removed the nylock on the bottom pulley, put a socket on the bolt head that holds the top pulley and holds the prop and started to turn it. Felt like it was moving, bit more pressure, yes it's turning. And then it sheared off. It wasn't turning. Now useless unless I can get the thing off, drill out the bolt etc.

Later. All is not lost.  Got the whole assembly off with the shaft and will take it to a friend with a workshop and pillar drill to drill out the sheared bolt tomorrow!  Also got the lower pulley off the tapered shaft and turned the thing by 90 degs as was the original plan.