Mountain Flying Best Practices

I am new to PPG and I know I will be flying in many new locations over the next 12 months from beaches to mountains which are very different skill sets. My interest is in understanding how to fly in mountaineous areas. How to read the winds to predict rotors, venturi effect, winds aloft and below, etc.  What are the max winds we should fly in. Without a local pilot to coach me, any tips and trick on this topic would be greatly appreciated. I have 0 paragliding experience. 

I'd just say that be very cautious of where turbulence and rotors could be forming downwind, especially behind spine backs and in increasing wind speeds. A good idea would be to read a free flying book on wind / weather in these environments.

The wind increases as it gets higher usually although in the mountains you can also get very strong valley winds down below and it can be safer to land on the top sometimes instead.

You haven't said what mountains you're talking about or how tall they are. The flat lands will be easier and less stressful for you in terms of meteorology and also landing options.

Perhaps others who have learnt to fly paramotors in mountains can comment too.

From the coast where I fly it is 10 km to a 4500 foot mountain. It literally goes up from nothing! I have only dared venture near it when there was no wind low down and after I checked no wind high up. Amazing to do.

You can see the mountain well at 6 mins into this video....

It looks very nice. You look well clear of all the terrain below and visiting in light winds is definitely the thing to do. Rotor and turbulence can extend a long way from a tall object (like a mountain) so avoid lees. If you're thinking of landing on a mountain be careful about katabatic winds forming towards the end of the day. The wind direction may be in the completely opposite direction low down compared to high up. I've been caught out and was lucky to get away with a downwind landing on the side of a mountain - albeit at the expense of a chipped prop.