Flying in Donegal

Dougal

Hi there,

I live just outside Letterkenny and have had a paramotor for over 2 years but still no solo Flying experience. Was in spain last year on a weeks paramotoring coarse but due to weather we could only fly tandem. Delighted to find out other people interested around Donegal.

Dougal

Dougal- good to hear from you. Didn't realise there was another paramotorist in the neigbouring county. You've been hiding well.

Which school did you go to in Spain? was it Jim Murhpy's? What type of gear have you?

Just to let you know, while i do reqularly monitor/contribute to this forum- there is an 'all ireland' forum called 'Ireland PPG'

There has been a lot of activity of late, Ireland still has a relatively small PPG community- partly due to the requirement for an IAA exemption for pilots......

The fourm URL is http://irelandppg.freeforums.org/ You would be most welcome to participate- + anyone else for that matter.

GD

Dougal- good to hear from you. Didn't realise there was another paramotorist in the neigbouring county. You've been hiding well.

Which school did you go to in Spain? was it Jim Murhpy's? What type of gear have you?

Just to let you know, while i do reqularly monitor/contribute to this forum- there is an 'all ireland' forum called 'Ireland PPG'

There has been a lot of activity of late, Ireland still has a relatively small PPG community- partly due to the requirement for an IAA exemption for pilots......

The fourm URL is http://irelandppg.freeforums.org/ You would be most welcome to participate- + anyone else for that matter.

GD

Gordon,

Heard about someone flying this side (Folk Park) of Omagh but unable to get in contact. Have a Bailey corsair with a trekking wing. In Spain Jim was one of the instructors names alright and he based outside Limerick/Tipperary. I was hoping to get more training in Paddy school in the East Midlands when I was over there earlier this year but it didnt work out due to storms. When waiting for a reply from me have a brew as I am a one fingered typer,

Dougal

Hi there,

I live just outside Letterkenny and have had a paramotor for over 2 years but still no solo Flying experience. Was in spain last year on a weeks paramotoring coarse but due to weather we could only fly tandem. Delighted to find out other people interested around Donegal.

Dougal

Hi Dougal

I'm from Killygordon, not flying yet but have a target set for May to be in the air, I am looking at going to France or Spain to do my training, purely for the weather aspect, there is a microlight site in letterkenny which I will be using from time to time, I have an old wing which I bought from Paddys Paramotoring in Jan., groundhandling only, but I have fields next to my workshop which are ideal for groundhandling....even in the very wet weather the ground is dry, so if it clears up enough for the grass to dry its 100%...

As Gordon has said there are a lot of suitable sites locally here, once we have an exemption of course

I will send you my mobile number by pm, give me a call and wee can meet up for a yarn sometime....I'm in Letterkenny almost every day with work anyway

Regards

Dean

Hi there,

Dougal

Hi Dougal

I'm from Killygordon, not flying yet but have a target set for May to be in the air, I am looking at going to France or Spain to do my training, purely for the weather aspect, there is a microlight site in letterkenny which I will be using from time to time, I have an old wing which I bought from Paddys Paramotoring in Jan., groundhandling only, but I have fields next to my workshop which are ideal for groundhandling....even in the very wet weather the ground is dry, so if it clears up enough for the grass to dry its 100%...

As Gordon has said there are a lot of suitable sites locally here, once we have an exemption of course

I will send you my mobile number by pm, give me a call and wee can meet up for a yarn sometime....I'm in Letterkenny almost every day with work anyway

Regards

Dean

Dean,

Good idea to me up for a yarn - We can discuss our disasters. I live in Coolboy. Going to US on holiday on Tuesday for two weeks and weather will hopefully have improved by my return. Only found the website last night. Delighted to find local interest. Work has dropped me down to a two day week so I have loads of time for practising (And I need loads of Practise),

Dougal

Hi Dougal,

Not quite a Donegal branch member, being based in Cork!! As Gordon suggested you will find other Irish pilots on the http://irelandppg.freeforums.org/ forum, and would be very welcome to join us here too!

I have flown for the past twelve months, and would suggets that the best thing you can do is find some company to train with locally! Starting with a ground handling wing is definately the best way to start, although this is also best done in company! With some time on your hands, you would be very welcome to join us in the Cork area sometime for a bit of running around the field!

Good luck with quest, and keep in touch.

Oisin :)

Dougal

Youre more than welcome to join me groundhandling, I am hoping to link up with Gordon for an hour as soon as the weather permits, he has been helping me out with the wing work already, which is a great help

Dean

Dean,

Would jump at the chance to join you groundhandling. As soon as I get back from holiday (mid April) I'll be in touch,

Dougal

Hi My my name is John Wallace an have just moved from the Lisburn area of Northern Ireland and am now living in Gleneely Inishowen area of Donegal. I would be very interested in meeting up with any other paramotorists. Regards John Wallace.

Hi John

Welcome to the forum!

I am living outside Ballybofey (killygordon), and am in the process of doing my training at the moment, there are a good few pilots from Northern ireland who fly just over the border where paramotoring is not regulated, I'm sure some of them will be posting here when they see your thread.

Do you fly paramotors?

If you want to pm me your mobile number I can give you a call and maybe we can meet up sometime soon with a few others, perhaps in Letterkenny!!

Best regards

Dean :D

Hi Dean

My home telephone contact number is 074 9367246

Get in touch. I fly a fresh breeze paramotor

with a Gin Zulu wing. Only six short flights to date but have about 200 hrs free flying experiance. Kind regards John Wallace

Hi John

Welcome to the forum!

I am living outside Ballybofey (killygordon), and am in the process of doing my training at the moment, there are a good few pilots from Northern ireland who fly just over the border where paramotoring is not regulated, I'm sure some of them will be posting here when they see your thread.

Do you fly paramotors?

If you want to pm me your mobile number I can give you a call and maybe we can meet up sometime soon with a few others, perhaps in Letterkenny!!

Best regards

Dean :D

• 1 month later...
Hi there,

Dougal

Hi Dougal. I live in Gleneely having just moved from Lisburn N.I. have been free flying for about 8 years. I fly a gin zulu wing and have a fresh breeze simmoni engine but have only had six powered flights to date. Would be very keen to meet up for a chat sometime, I have been talking to Dean Gillispie who you may know? I work in Derry two days a week(thur and finish at 2.pm on frid so would be available to meet up when suitable. My contact numbers are Home 0749367246 Mobile 003537764612554. Please feel free to ring me anytime regards John Wallace.