Hi all,

Noob looking to transition from paragliding to motor paragliding - so I thought I would introduce myself and say 'Hi'!

I have training dates booked in with Simon W in July, but there is one question that I have not asked him, which would be useful to ask here for other pilots who may be in a similar situation to me and have the same question:-)

I have a BHPA paraglider Club Pilot's licence, and I understand that you have the APPI PPG licence, do I need to hold a PPG licence also, and if so can I gain my PPG licence by 'equivalence' as I hold a PG Club Pilot licence? i.e. do I need to pass exams for PPG or is instructor led PPG instruction enough to satisfy?  I'm not entirely sure that all that makes sense?!

Regards

Ed

I was on holiday with some APPI trained pilots, they crossed over to the BHPA whilst on holiday by completing the task book and the CP exam which you'll already have done. If you wanted to get BHPA CP Motor then you'd just need to join and have the task book signed off by an instructor.

Edit Sorry if your already a CP paraglider then you'll already be a member so all you'd need to do is have your task book signed off by an instructor. Once you'd completed the syllabus with Simon then I'm sure you'll be more than capable of completing the BHPA tasks

Edited by allrightscud
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, allrightscud said:

I was on holiday with some APPI trained pilots, they crossed over to the BHPA whilst on holiday by completing the task book and the CP exam which you'll already have done. If you wanted to get BHPA CP Motor then you'd just need to join and have the task book signed off by an instructor.

Edit Sorry if your already a CP paraglider then you'll already be a member so all you'd need to do is have your task book signed off by an instructor. Once you'd completed the syllabus with Simon then I'm sure you'll be more than capable of completing the BHPA tasks

Thanks for that <<thumbs up>>