Tornado 280 paramotor engine from Air Conception

custom-vince

It’s normally 4 weeks delivery. I’m guessing the first batch is probably sold out. That is just the e.start. 

The clutch version will follow in a few weeks. 

12.9kg is complete weight with auxiliary fuel pump. Should make a complete machine of about 22kg

I have a 150cm Race 2 titanium frame version with 3 blade 140cm prop coming. Should be a powerhouse in that spec. 

Guest chrisg547
1 hour ago, custom-vince said:

It’s normally 4 weeks delivery. I’m guessing the first batch is probably sold out. That is just the e.start. 

The clutch version will follow in a few weeks. 

12.9kg is complete weight with auxiliary fuel pump. Should make a complete machine of about 22kg

I have a 150cm Race 2 titanium frame version with 3 blade 140cm prop coming. Should be a powerhouse in that spec. 

You'd reckon that's gonna have some shove Vince. I'd be interested in the fuel burn of that. Maybe with the extra push it wont need as much throttle and return similar to the 200. What would the thrust be with a 140 prop on the plain jane 200 nitro.

Also Im going to ask a stupid question. Why an aux fuel pump on the Tornado?

Edited by chrisg547

The aux fuel pump was needed as the walbro pump couldn’t keep up at max rpm.

fuel consumption I’m told as I haven’t got mine yet to try. More than Nitro, no more than Moster for cruising about. If you give it full beans a lot, it will drink. No power without fuel. 

Im really pleased with my Nitro economy so it will be hard going back up the fuel burn, but I will be smiling with every litre ? from what I hear, I’m expectjng to burn 1 litre per hour more than a Nitro with normal fun flying. I will try an eco run also just for the sake of it. 

Nitro on a 3 blade 140. Gain about 2kg for every 5cm of prop. That’s not a constant plus there’s an extra blade. 6+kg more at an estimate. My XL 150 prop is supposed to have 6-8kg more. It feels a load more inflight so those few extra kg are well received. 

On 28/06/2018 at 14:50, custom-vince said:

Why did you go with the 140cm 3 blade prop over the 150cm 2 blade?

Edited by The80s

Guest chrisg547
On 30/06/2018 at 06:57, custom-vince said:

The aux fuel pump was needed as the walbro pump couldn’t keep up at max rpm.

fuel consumption I’m told as I haven’t got mine yet to try. More than Nitro, no more than Moster for cruising about. If you give it full beans a lot, it will drink. No power without fuel. 

Im really pleased with my Nitro economy so it will be hard going back up the fuel burn, but I will be smiling with every litre ? from what I hear, I’m expectjng to burn 1 litre per hour more than a Nitro with normal fun flying. I will try an eco run also just for the sake of it. 

Nitro on a 3 blade 140. Gain about 2kg for every 5cm of prop. That’s not a constant plus there’s an extra blade. 6+kg more at an estimate. My XL 150 prop is supposed to have 6-8kg more. It feels a load more inflight so those few extra kg are well received. 

Thanks for all that info Vince. So what do you reckon yours is going to put out? 80kg+  

Also is the 150 frame the same price as the 140?

• 2 weeks later...

there is properly no one get any units yet we not see any unboxing video's on YouTube or people talked about the unit on the web 

On 28/06/2018 at 18:50, The80s said:

I believe Laurent said today was the first official shipment. 

• 5 weeks later...

also a pointless but funny short launch. One reason I like the tornado, I can launch from more places, opening many more flying sites for me. 19m ozone freeride, im about 84kg. I followed the track rather than my wing, but with enough power I just swing under it and fly away.

• Like 1

During this next week, some customer machines are leaving the factory. In a week or 2 you will start to see those unboxing and end user reviews. On my freeride I burn 4 litres an hour with trims half out. Thrust, no actual figures, Im guessing at about 85kg. Again like the nitro, its more about power delivery, how the chassis handles it etc. there is a lack or torque. I expected an torque increase with the power, I haven't noticed it, no more or less than a standard nitro. See what other pilots say, its all relevant to wings and pilots etc. 21.7kg all up 150cm frame, 3 blade 140cm prop, large harness.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest chrisg547

Great economy and thrust numbers. If the exchange rate wasn't so shit (therefore skewing the price these can offered at). I'd have one of these for sure.

11 hours ago, custom-vince said:

here is a clip from Parafest of the Tornado, some initiative impressions, thats before the actual tornado ripped through, well almost, just a big gust and general high winds.

Is this the stock netting from the factory? Or did someone do an aftermarket net job? Because that looks way better than the skimpy trash they were using on the Nitro.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, custom-vince said:

During this next week, some customer machines are leaving the factory. In a week or 2 you will start to see those unboxing and end user reviews. On my freeride I burn 4 litres an hour with trims half out. Thrust, no actual figures, Im guessing at about 85kg. Again like the nitro, its more about power delivery, how the chassis handles it etc. there is a lack or torque. I expected an torque increase with the power, I haven't noticed it, no more or less than a standard nitro. See what other pilots say, its all relevant to wings and pilots etc. 21.7kg all up 150cm frame, 3 blade 140cm prop, large harness.

4 liters per hour on the smaller Tornado or the XL? If on the smaller, then I wonder if the XL could get 3 - 3.5 liters per hour with the proper trim setting while cruising XC?

Hi Custom Vince do you know what month or Year the units start comming out is it 2019 or 2020 we are talking ? I order this unit but can not get any kind of feedback that's the worst customer service I never see anything like this before but I don't know up it's normal in the Paramotor world?? I feel sorry for the dealers that's must deal with Air conception main office and use a lot of time on frustrated customers 

Thats the new style standard netting. I have the large frame with 150cm hoop 3x140cm prop. Standard size is 140cm hoop and XL is 165cm

Mtola, its a new product, anyone who wanted in on the wait list understood there would be delays and lots of testing. I advise buying a nitro if you want normal delivery and support, it has a couple years maturity over the tornado which is not only new to Air Conception it is a new concept in the PPG world. Never before has this much capacity and power been available in a light package, its right at the leading edge of engines currently available.

Hi Custom Vince thanks for feedback I know there are a lot of interest for this unit but why the say 8 weeks delivery time and now it's 12 weeks ago my order was places no anwser it's not fair this guys are Dead quiet at least anwser !and anothor thing you not buy a Ferrari and the won't to sell you a Peugeot ? I have bin training on the nitro it's all so a nice unit 100% but your comming a longer way playing with open cards and give people an fair anwser

On 14/08/2018 at 10:53, Mtola said:

Hi Custom Vince thanks for feedback I know there are a lot of interest for this unit but why the say 8 weeks delivery time and now it's 12 weeks ago my order was places no anwser it's not fair this guys are Dead quiet at least anwser !and anothor thing you not buy a Ferrari and the won't to sell you a Peugeot ? I have bin training on the nitro it's all so a nice unit 100% but your comming a longer way playing with open cards and give people an fair anwser

Sorry I don't understand the last bit, doesn't make sense to me. Where are you based, who is your order with?

I work regularly with AC and they can be quiet at time but I know they are working as hard as they can to make things happen, they are just as keen to get machines out as the customer is to receive them. We all agree they spoke to soon regarding the Tornado. It is their own excitement and passion that is part the problem, they want to tell everyone what they have created.

although I have mine now, I have waited longer than any customer, I knew about it over a year ago and even had an engine in hand just over 12 months ago. Lots of testing and refinement has taken place. Its a big step and needs to be right.

I'm super disappointed with the extra long wait. I've been waiting since that initial video came out in May of 2017 where they revealed the engine at the beach. I was all ready to get mine in Sept 2017 like they were saying, but now it's looking like Sept or Nov 2018 before we'll really start seeing them. However, I'm glad they've put a lot of effort into making sure these things are as solid as possible before release. They could have been like Telsa and just pushed out a halfassed product. (The Model 3 is borderline junk if you look beyond the surface)

Reminds me of another Motor that was released/Advertised way to early and never really showed up until it was to late for the party..  

I think if it was the other way around and they just shoved 100 motors out early and they all had teething problems everyone would be slagging them off..  Just think it will be Christmas soon.. ;-) 

I was disappointed for another reason. It rained. Even the mighty Tornado could not blow the clouds away. 

That pic looks to me like one of the test pictures when the TV used to loose transmission and they would say normal service will resume shortly. Sorry for the interruption. 

9B0BE077-A12C-4500-9BBF-7896D08BEB9C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1