Looking to get into Parmotoring - Hello!

Hi All,

Well, after trying to find some decent and active forums for a while I managed to stumble across this one and it looks perfect!

I've been suckered into watching hours of youtube videos on Paramotoring in general and really looking forward to getting involved and giving it a try. I'm very keen to get recommendations for training courses to give it a go before I make some expensive purchases.

I'm 28 and currently live in Teignmouth in Devon (near Exeter). I'm looking for recommendations for training schools / individuals that are near me. There is a lot of information online and some very clear choices in the USA but I don't see too much in relation to the UK. Obviously I've visited Simon Westmore's website and that looks like a good course but is a couple of hours away (not that I'm averse to that!)

All comments and suggestions are welcome! Otherwise, hello to everyone, hope you're well!

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Paul.Farmer

3 hours ago, kiwi k said:

Hi Paul, IIRC its Dan Burton in your area or was, but i'm sure Si will be along shortly and then get the relevant info to all concerned :D

Hi Kiwi,

Thanks a million for the post. Looking forward to hearing more from Si!

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul and welcome to the Paramotor Club :-) 

Dan is deffo close to you but I am fairly sure he does not instruct people. You are of course more than welcome to visit our place for your training. We have a hotel on site for if you wanted to get a couple of days in a row. 

Please do give me a call (or PM your number to me) and we can chat in more detail. 

Again, welcome! 

SW :D

3 hours ago, admin (Simon W) said:

Hi Paul and welcome to the Paramotor Club :-) 

Dan is deffo close to you but I am fairly sure he does not instruct people. You are of course more than welcome to visit our place for your training. We have a hotel on site for if you wanted to get a couple of days in a row. 

Please do give me a call (or PM your number to me) and we can chat in more detail. 

Again, welcome! 

Hi Simon,

Thanks for getting back to me, really appreciate it!

To be honest having looked on the web I have seen lots of people recommend you I'm sure you'll be the man I come to for training. Unfortunately I have a wedding to plan and that's taking priority but would be good to come over to you in the summer.

I'm assuming on your course you can split the days over a period of time if required or do them in a solid block week?

Also, what's the name of the hotel on site, it would be good to know so I can budget costs to stay etc.

Cheers!

Paul

• Upvote 1

Weddings.... planning.... O nooooooooooo!!!!! lol flying is way more fun! :-);-) 

We are full time, so you only need to give us a quick call the evening before you want to do some training (once booked in) 

If the weather allows, you can do it all at once (but this is unlikely to happen realistically)

the hotel is The Holiday inn at Membury Services (you can throw a stone from the room to the training field!!! :-) 

Good luck with the planning and hopefully we will talk to you later in the year! 

On 2017-5-8 at 21:43, admin (Simon W) said:

Weddings.... planning.... O nooooooooooo!!!!! lol flying is way more fun! :-);-) 

We are full time, so you only need to give us a quick call the evening before you want to do some training (once booked in) 

If the weather allows, you can do it all at once (but this is unlikely to happen realistically)

the hotel is The Holiday inn at Membury Services (you can throw a stone from the room to the training field!!! :-) 

Good luck with the planning and hopefully we will talk to you later in the year! 

Well, she's given me permission to go ahead ;) Just need to sort some stuff out and I'll be in touch.

Simon, in terms of the course what stuff do you provide and what would I need to bring?

Cheers!
Paul

30 minutes ago, admin (Simon W) said:

bring a pair of boots and a sense of humour. I look farward to your call. 

i got a lovely pair of Karrimors but ferked if i can find me Humour, so i'll have to wait a little longer before i trek 4.5 hrs just for a visit :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, phil_r said:

@ Dave M: I live close to Glastonbury, in fact I flew over there a few weeks ago with a mate.

Once you're trained up & flying then give me a shout & we'll get some flying in!

@phil_r great news!......Simon mentioned there are a few pilots around here....

Sure, once I get trained and some confidence as well! lol.......look forward to contacting you in the future for some flying! :D

• Upvote 1