Great time at guilford today

On 4/24/2017 at 16:24, admin (Simon W) said:

I think my point is: Go and knock on some doors!! they can only say no and will most likely say yes :-) 

Your bang on Simon,

About 6 weeks ago I went and knocked. I'd known there was an airfield nearby so after completing my course, it was time for the knock. As I drove into the driveway and spotted the house I almost put the car in reverse, thinking the response was going to be a lot worse than just a no, I thought go for it. So, I knocked, popped the question, then nearly fell over as the owner said YES. I nearly died on my 3rd visit to the airfield when the owner asked, how come you never bring your gear and fly? It was at that point I had to confess that I didn't have any and announced my novice status. I thought it was over but his reply was, we were all novices at one point. 

At the time, I had 1 phone number for somebody in the sport. It didn't take long from there to get in contact with the right people that were willing to get a new club going, so we did.

It's now become my second home. We are still in the set-up phase, but hope to be open to the public by mid to late March.

With any luck, my wing should arrive soon then I can actually start flying the site,hahaha.

Thanks.

Great forum.

Forgotten Valley Paramotors Inc.

Kran..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, paul_grover said:

Anyone in Guildford tomorrow evening?  Szabi - did I meet you at John Kirby's back in the early spring? 

Hi Paul, yes, I attended JK`s dinner. I see the weather will be perfect on Sunday, but my top80`s reductor has failed and I`ll be out of the skies until it`s fixed. I am sure there will be others at Barry`s field though, I met 5 or 6 ppg pilots there 2 weeks ago. 

First time at Barry's for me too since I trained with Steve Haze 6 years ago - lovely evening with about 4 balloons up and one to play around with on my new BaileyV5s Zenith. Had to keep a beady on the virga in the distance over London ;)

Nice to see Steve again and two others whose names I've now forgotten in the focus of setting up...

Balloon.jpg

Bailey V5s Zenith.jpg

10 minutes ago, paul_grover said:

First time at Barry's for me too since I trained with Steve Haze 6 years ago - lovely evening with about 4 balloons up and one to play around with on my new BaileyV5s Zenith. Had to keep a beady on the virga in the distance over London ;)

Nice to see Steve again and two others whose names I've now forgotten in the focus of setting up...

Jon and Greg           :-)

Your Bailey sounded very meaty!

Edited by Gregwatson

• 4 weeks later...

It was better in the Guildford-Godalming area, a few thermals before 6PM, but nothing serious. There were also 2 hot air balloons in the air. My brand new crank shaft seal started leaking after an hour, no more flying for a while :(

Just now, Szabi said:

It was better in the Guildford-Godalming area, a few thermals before 6PM, but nothing serious. There were also 2 hot air balloons in the air. My brand new crank shaft seal started leaking after an hour, no more flying for a while :(

Oh no!! How soon can you fix it?