Do you know this person?

Si i know what your thinking and sooner or later somewhere someone is going to put a big legal problem, which is going to affect all paramotorists especially in the UK where it's a self regulated but fairly open book.

And likewise a gentle whisper in an ear might help but if they do this sort of antics then possibly deaf ears IMO :sad: 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, admin (Simon W) said:

Can any of you help to identify this person? I would like to offer some free theory lessons to him / her. :-)

Let's not get all 'pitch forks' there is clearly someone having fun who is lacking some vital knowledge that I / we can help :-) 

SW :D

Not just foolish flying.... but can you imagine how irritating that would be for people just out to relax on the beach....!

gd

2 hours ago, admin (Simon W) said:

This guy is a thoroughbred thundertwat! The liveleak video of him flying actually shows people ducking as he flies low over the beach. He (maybe she) didn't even stay over the water for the low pass!

They are flying a blue and black Bailey matrix. There can't be too many of these out there.

It's always bothered me how it takes only one tosser to show off in front of a big audience and get all the attention the rest of us expend so much effort trying to avoid. Of course, getting attention was undoubtedly the intention of this escapade. :-( 

Si obviously this is posted on numerous internet forums and has now come to light that this is not his 1st idiotic adventure, but someone has since posted suggesting he knows the person, and that the local authorities would like to know said name with regards to taking further action, so hopefully he should be detained fairly soon so as to stop any further damage to our sport :(.

Most commenting on the new post have encouraged the person's name to be given over to the authorities xD.

And YES i was 1st in line :ph34r:, and yes i'll be at the fly-in if anyone needs clarification of my reasons !!

20 minutes ago, Steve said:

How can they prove it was him without a reg on the wing? Which brings us on to why we don't want the CAA involved ... :-( 

Steve he put the wheels in motion before he even got to the beach as he took off in Shoreham ATZ, so the CAA Enforcement Branch were already on the case.

I agree it's not the best situation or organization to be involved, but the naming of him may well of gone in favour and credibility for our sport, as agreed by members of the BHPA. 

I managed to stray into restricted airspace a few years back had to shut the airport down for two hours. I immediately stuck my hands up and After two interviews one with the CAA and another with there enforcement officer I was encouraged to meet with the ATC at said airport, and since then had a great relationship with our local ATC and still have the occasional call from the CAA officer. I can't still hear the rather stern warning ringing in my ears from the CAA about flying during the Olympics and how it would not be a good idea lol. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Here is an update from Ian White on the FB PPG page....

I'm sure we all remember the situation back in the spring when we had a rather public incident with a paramotor flying from inside the Shoreham ATZ on the busiest day so far this year (the day of the Brighton marathon) and then flying exceedingly low down Brighton Beach. Several videos appeared in various places on the internet.

I can now report that the pilot in question (and I feel there is no need to mention any names please) was presented with all the evidence while undercaution in a one on one interview with the CAA Enforcement Branch. He was exceedingly surprised by the quantity of evidence provided and has duly apologised to all concerned. Since then he has been completely good to his word and consequently I think it is really important that we collectively embrace him within the community. He has requested further training and that is something I think shows a keen desire to further his airmanship. He gets my full support.

Well done that man.

• Upvote 2