pre flight check

bazz

hi pm flyers i remember about 28 years ago that the pre flight checks were covered with a weird saying consisting of words easily forgot so i devised a simple way of making sure that i took off with out making a mistake , i remember using it in front of another pilot she said at the time thats so easy , she passed it on over many years and today many people use it it is so simple i hope it makes your pre-flight check simple and fast so here it is- hang-glider pilots -paraglider pilots and paramotor pilots etc paraglider pilots R6 CHECK  RESERVE PIN SECURE AND ALL CORRECT 1 AND 2 LEG STRAPS SECURE 3 CHEST STRAP SECURE 4 AND 5 KARABINERS SECURED TO GLIDER RISERS 6 HELMET SECURED IF YOU HAVE A EXTRA HIGH CHEST CONNECTION THEN YOU HAVE AN R7 CHECK , OK  HANG-GLIDING I USED A R7 AFTER BUILDING MY GLIDRER I WOULD START WITH RESERVE PIN AND CONNECTION SECURE THATS THE R THEN 1 THE FRONT NOSE CONNECTION PIP PIN CONNECTED AND SECURED  2 THE REAR COMPRESSION PIP PIN CONNECTED AND SECURE 3 AND 4 LEG STRAPS 5 CHEST STRAPS AND 6 HELMET STRAPS AND 7 CONNECTION TO KARABINER /GLIDER , IF ALL THESE ARE DONE THEN YOU ARE SAFE IF YOU WANT TO ADD ANYTHING ELSE THEN ADD R6 OR R7 ETC THE SAME APPLIES TO PPM  PHG ETC IT IS SO MUCH EASIER TO GO BY NUMBERS THAN USING SOMETHING LIKE george had a bla blaaa safe and happy flying to one and all steve alias buzzinbazz flying from 1975 to 2017 and hopefully into the future.

totally agree, I come from a microlight background and checklists were drummed into you from the start, and well proven (saved many a 'full throttle' engine start-up). Interesting though that paramotoring feels less structured in this respect, more automatic thought or free-spirited I guess. No doubt part of it's attraction, but I do sometimes think on climb-out 's***, bit late to run thru the pre-start checklist....!':D

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Ok, Nighyiun when starting your engine let it tick over only,  even better, with centrifugal clutch engine, never run up when not fastened into your seat if you hold the frame and run up the engine that is fine unless? the prop breaks this will spin the paramotor 180 degrees and slice you up within a fraction of a second, if you are secured in the seat (fastened in) the worse that can happen is you will be thrown around but not hurt , so start your engine then clip in then when is all clear (CLEAR PROP ) increase revs and warm up the engine safely. paramotoring in the right meteorological conditions is as safe as crossing the road while being totally observant, the danger lies with a raging propeller and your lack of respect. FLY SAFE AND OBSERVANT  AND REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT EXPERT EVER I AM A PILOT FLYING FROM THE BEGINNING 43 FLYING YEARS AND STILL A NOVIS JUST LIKE YOUR INSTRUCTOR, NO MATTER HOW MANY HOURS/YEARS YOU FLY ONE MISTAKE AND THAT S THAT. fly observant fly safe. 

• Upvote 1