Oxfordshire newbie!

Hi guys my name is Danny smith, i have just sold my bmw x5 to pay for a paramotor course and to actually buy myself one :) there is a course in Swindon for £1080. The course is with a man named Simon,is this a reasonable price??

Be fantastic to get speaking to anyone who lives near me! I'm looking to not only have a great time doing this sport but hope to make money from it and even take this as a career choice I'm that sold on then!

Look forward to any replies 

Danny

Danny

Maybe the wrong forum to ask that question, because it is Simon's Forum.  Totally owned and run by him :-)

If you live in Oxford, then you can't go wrong really.  

Short distance away, always there on a flying day, two other instructors around.

Tony

• Upvote 1

I'm not one of Simon's pupils, but will say over the years I've met many of his students and all are well taught and to a high standard. Little Col is a great teacher as well, and you will be well looked after welcome to the sport. 

• Upvote 1

I'm one of Simons students :) I had my first flight on my 3rd lesson. 

I totally recommend him and his team. You feel less like a student (although if you need to be reminded, he'll let you know) and more a part of the gang/team. 

All the others that aren't students that fly at his Membury site, are also great and impart their knowledge and experiences. As a newbie - all knowledge is learning. 

The only frustration that I've found is fitting in the 'flyable' weather, work and personal life... so if like me, you're a busy person anyway, then expect to be in it for the long haul and not for 10 lessons over 10 days - or even 10 weeks. (which was what I originally went into it thinking). That's the same with anything weather dependant. And when i'm training and more experienced, i wouldn't have to wait for the weather to be 'perfect', as 'good enough' will do. 

Hope that helps... 

My final thoughts - just do it! How else are you gonna get up in the sky flying with power without having to re-mortgage your house? Especially as it's only down the A34 and up one junction on the M4 :) for you. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, tatumdale said:

My final thoughts - just do it! How else are you gonna get up in the sky flying with power without having to re-mortgage your house? Especially as it's only down the A34 and up one junction on the M4 :) for you. 

+1

• Upvote 1

Simon/Colin taught me and I would totally recommend them. If you want to ask any questions about my experiences,feel free to drop me a message and I'll happily give you a call.

Or - just go for it !

Edited by Hodders
  • Upvote 1

Thanks boys appreciate the comments ;)

You know what... I decided to go for it, all paid up for the course and VIP on here now, so just waiting for Simon to get the go ahead! 

I've brought a blog website called https://www.shirewing.com

When it's live feel free to watch in and watch my journey...man I don't think I could even find anymore clips on YouTube if I tried, it's an amazing thing to stumble across put it that way haha 

Cheers fellas 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here goes my first post:

Hello there! I had to join the forum and learn more about this epic sport. I spoke to Simon on the phone a couple of weeks back about the training. He seems like a cool guy and was very helpful. I'm from Swindon, so not far away at all ?

Just trying to work a little magic with my £ situation and hope to get things moving pretty soon! 

• Upvote 1