Black Oil Leak ROS 125

Capotec2015

4 hours ago, Capotec2015 said:

OK -new angle on it. Its possible that the socket joint has been widened over the years and is no longer the snug fit it should be. Vibration etc. The oil may just be the natural by product of a 2 stroke engine but because the socket joint has been widened, the oil is getting out there. So, trying some gasket compound to see if that cures the leak.....

I nearly said to you...it sounds just like the black shit that my radio controlled engines chuck out of the exhaust joints and is quite normal! Normally this is not seen because it gets chucked out into the air behind you. With RC planes it ends up all over the plane (as engine is at the front) and then has to be cleaned off when finished flying!

im going to start the engine today and see if it's fixed... left the compound on overnight but as kiwi says, a new exhaust will be the ultimate solution.  Just out of curiosity is the ball socket idea a way of allowing some flexibility? I have seen on other non paramotor exhausts that this area can be prone to corrosion and breakage