motorhome bike rack fitting paramotor

powerlord

So this week I'll be picking up my new Air Conception. It will spend most of its like in my motorhome garage, BUT as it's a bit faffy to put the cage together,etc - I thought it would be nice to have an option to be able to store it fully assembled for short periods.

Basic idea is - if I'm touring about a small area it saves disassembling every time - or you find a spot, set up, wind changes, etc and it makes it much easier to admit defeat, store it, and drive somewhere else rather than make the mistake of persisting.

So - bike rack was a 4 bike rack on back of my van. Rated to 75kg.

I've stripped it down to 2 bikes as never need more than that - and added a riveted on aluminium plate to accept the paramotor.

That's progress so far, as I can't do anything else with mount points, etc till I actually get the thing, but I thought I'd post now, so it's a sort of build log.

I'm not going to be driving long distances with it on back, or along motorways, etc. But unlike with a car mount, there's not really the air resistance problem since the van's done the job of removing all of that.

And the air conception only weighs 30kg full of fuel, so I'm well within load limit of rack.

Plan is, it can just plop in there and quickly be secured/unsecured.

When I'm done for the day - it gets dissassembled as much as required to fit in the boot at the back.

The boot did have my 2 old paramotors in it disassembled, so is a decent size, but is quite narrow and not that tall - it's going to take some trial and error this week to find out how AC best fits in there and can be secured - ideally without removing the prop. super ideally - leaving some of cage attached. I'll post those pics here too.

20170320_075822.jpeg

20170320_075839.jpeg

Edited by powerlord
  • Downvote 1

On 20/03/2017 at 08:02, powerlord said:

So this week I'll be picking up my new Air Conception. It will spend most of its like in my motorhome garage, BUT as it's a bit faffy to put the cage together,etc - I thought it would be nice to have an option to be able to store it fully assembled for short periods.

Basic idea is - if I'm touring about a small area it saves disassembling every time - or you find a spot, set up, wind changes, etc and it makes it much easier to admit defeat, store it, and drive somewhere else rather than make the mistake of persisting.

So - bike rack was a 4 bike rack on back of my van. Rated to 75kg.

I've stripped it down to 2 bikes as never need more than that - and added a riveted on aluminium plate to accept the paramotor.

That's progress so far, as I can't do anything else with mount points, etc till I actually get the thing, but I thought I'd post now, so it's a sort of build log.

I'm not going to be driving long distances with it on back, or along motorways, etc. But unlike with a car mount, there's not really the air resistance problem since the van's done the job of removing all of that.

And the air conception only weighs 30kg full of fuel, so I'm well within load limit of rack.

Plan is, it can just plop in there and quickly be secured/unsecured.

When I'm done for the day - it gets dissassembled as much as required to fit in the boot at the back.

The boot did have my 2 old paramotors in it disassembled, so is a decent size, but is quite narrow and not that tall - it's going to take some trial and error this week to find out how AC best fits in there and can be secured - ideally without removing the prop. super ideally - leaving some of cage attached. I'll post those pics here too.

20170320_075822.jpeg

20170320_075839.jpeg

Interesting reg number-  Northern Ireland based?????

• Downvote 1