Parajet V2 Hang Points-Angle of Dangle

Calling all pilots that weigh around 105kg nakid, and fly a Parajet Macro V2. (or anyone else with an opinion) What hang point position due you use and how would that make you describe your flying position.

If I was really going to be specific, I'd include with a Moster 185 Plus and a NucleonXX 28.

I am very pitched back on landing and it has been suggested that, that may be  partly why I land on my arse rather than my feet. However I am already on hole 3 for the hang point arm position (75-90kg acccording to the manual) and to go back to position 4 would put me in the 65-75kg pilot weight - I weigh 105kg

Photos are of static hang test one fully seated and one pushing forward and down as if for landing and thirdly on landing recently, (when actually I did land on my feet)

Thoughts?

17357772_598217690383392_1442599767_o.thumb.jpg.8d8619775e657a9285225253bf908fb8.jpg17357286_598218040383357_808009663_o.thumb.jpg.c7bb716d3ebe6fb089b71e509b6560a0.jpg17360794_10155240400097868_1541932371_n.jpeg.b4130653f1bdc2be5102685858ba2590.jpeg

2 hours ago, cas_whitmore said:

It sort of looks like your not fully out of the harness on your landing pic '

cas . 

I keep getting told that, but I promise you Ive wriggled , pushed, leant forward as much as I can in that photo. I think thats the point- it still leaves me leaning back

17 minutes ago, Dariuszk24 said:

Can you put one more photo withatached harness points to swing bars?

We dont see because of reserve container

I see what you mean. Fraid I cant now as it is reset, but the reservecontainer is attached to the arm, so the top line of the arm is the top line of the container

Andy Bexx just dropped by. He is around 70-75kg , so exactly in the weight range stated in the manual for this hang point position (4th Hole back ). That's just ridiculously far back, but thats where you would put it for him if you went by the manual. Am I reading it right?

GOPR0534_1489767899559_high.thumb.JPG.0d979ccabe9e96bd1c52b6354a9f1ea5.JPG58cc10ac5f39b_ScreenShot2017-03-17at10_27_57.thumb.png.b3b8c9308d779dd0817030c7d1b97489.png

• Upvote 1

I Suggest move wing attachment point one hole backward.(towards engine)this should help bit

On this film i see your problem. its older harness design ,where this man hase similar issue not fully out to land

Below you have completely new design which is out of this issue

If you still dont like your harness after few flying attempts,only one solution will be  repleace harness

11 minutes ago, Dariuszk24 said:

I Suggest move wing attachment point one hole backward.(towards engine)this should help bit

Yes, thats what I've done. Gone from the 3rd to the 4th hole, and it feels much better being slightly more upright, my point is that, that is at odds with the manual, for a 105kg pilot.

It looks to me as though you have a manual for a V1 compact. :-) 

They are just holes for finding a balance nothing more. Whatever works for you as it were..... 

The engine fitted can make a difference even if the same weight if it pokes out a little further increasing the 'moment' your shape can also effect this. 'get me with me heli chatter' 

The 65-75kg (as per V1 manual, your second set of images) looks good to me. 

SW :D

30 minutes ago, admin (Simon W) said:

It looks to me as though you have a manual for a V1 compact. :-) 

They are just holes for finding a balance nothing more. Whatever works for you as it were..... 

The engine fitted can make a difference even if the same weight if it pokes out a little further increasing the 'moment' your shape can also effect this. 'get me with me heli chatter' 

The 65-75kg (as per V1 manual, your second set of images) looks good to me. 

No its a V2 Manual, the clues in the bottom left of the picture :D Unless PJ have posted the wrong file

Anyway, I take your point and Im going to have a go with the second set up (4th hole/65-75kg), keep a firm hold of the brakes if  I am pitched too far forward and they get close to the cage and be ready to come straight back down

On your diagram does the arrow point forward?

If so, as you say - as pilot weight increases x will reduce to balance the moments so the pivot point will move back (towards the left on your pic)?

The c of g on that paramotor is behind the pivot point?

In your pic you say x needs to decrease but you say the pivot point moves forward (increasing x)..?

4 minutes ago, Hann__ said:

On your diagram does the arrow point forward?

If so, as you say - as pilot weight increases x will reduce to balance the moments so the pivot point will move back (towards the left on your pic)?

The c of g on that paramotor is behind the pivot point?

In your pic you say x needs to decrease but you say the pivot point moves forward (increasing x)..?

x decreases (and y increase) , the pivot point gets closer to Wp-moves left. Not sure how else to say it. As the pilot gets heavier the pivot point and the Pilot weight hang point get closer and closer together........x decreases

Hi PatPux

I had the exact same problem as you.

My fix came in adding one extra" sequence" in   my take off and landing sequence :"" I loosen the two straps that hold the front seat flap completely off .""

That solved all my problems.

I Even had to do that in my zenith  until I updated to the latest harness.

Hope this help

Casey

This mean more your waight move pivot points towards engine.not oposite.

Dont know why instruction direct in wrong way

I Just guess was mirror efect when was photographed

If you are weight 110kg +35kg unit and you clip in like istruction say in second hole,after get in harness you dangling,ending with motor your back nearly parallel to the ground level

IN this case you need at last 2 thors engine 250cc to push you back to upright position? dont even remaind how difficult will be get are butt to landing position ?

2 hours ago, noddyc said:

My fix came in adding one extra" sequence" in   my take off and landing sequence :"" I loosen the two straps that hold the front seat flap completely off ."

I keep my front seat support straps loose until in the air, but I dont loosen them for landing....might try that, Thanks

11 hours ago, PatPux said:

No its a V2 Manual, the clues in the bottom left of the picture :D Unless PJ have posted the wrong file

Anyway, I take your point and Im going to have a go with the second set up (4th hole/65-75kg), keep a firm hold of the brakes if  I am pitched too far forward and they get close to the cage and be ready to come straight back down

That's deffo a Parajet Compact V1 manual with the V2 branding in the corner. 

You will I am sure, come to the same conclusion :-) 

1 hour ago, admin (Simon W) said:

That's deffo a Parajet Compact V1 manual with the V2 branding in the corner. 

You will I am sure, come to the same conclusion :-) 

I've got to the bottom of it . It is a V2 Manual, 

V1 Manual https://www.parajet.com/docs/Parajet-Volution1-PilotsManual.pdf

V2 Manual  https://www.parajet.com/docs/Parajet-Volution2-PilotsManual.pdf

But they used the same page to demonstrate the hang point set up, actually quite a few of the pages are borrowed.

• Upvote 1