Ohh Shit

kiwi k

10 hours ago, cas_whitmore said:

Got there in the end . Well done 👍

Determination got me thru it Cas and i now know thru extensive research, if the need arises again i can get most parts to rebuild in less than 2 weeks, not that i'm looking to do that for a while as it's built better now than when it was new, not sure if it's because it mass produced or bad workmanship, but i think more quality control would stop most manufacturers rogue engine issues IMO 9_9.

• 2 months later...

Its now totally official i hate Paramotors 9_9 or should that be i hate not being able to Fly and Not because of the weather :P.

Didn't even make a month :o thought all was going well until i finished flying on Saturday May 18th, Sunday got up 4.30 so i could travel 90 minutes up the road to make a XC with a few friends (good intentions), rocked up to the field unlocked the gate really looking forward to a longer than normal excursion, pulled everything out then go to start paramotor and Nothing Flash starter not engaging :(,  ripped it apart to find another broken main spring yes another as only replaced it 10hrs previously.

• 5 weeks later...

Well last minute Facebook post several of us invited by Turbo to go for communal flight June 21st, so that evening  trundled to the seaside for a trial flight with fellow fliers, and everything worked as should for most of us ( I wasn't the fallen one), short compact take off field but plenty of on tap grunt gets my fat Arse out of any field (as long as wing is set-up directly into wind as should be;)), flew up and down coast for about 50 minutes in the cool sea breeze so Lahurverlyy, Only hiccup was on landing approach coming thru the tree's to see big yellow van with back door wide open, Ok you guessed it :o tried kicking it shut but wrong line but did shut it as frame hoop clipped it xD, and No damage to van but slight kink to horizontal spar (soon fixed) and to everyone's surprise i still landed on my feet and turned round to drop wing perfectly :launchland:.

Just so addictive and now truly hooked as can't ever get enough flights  plus need to finish new frame for my Bailey motor so i can get longer XC's and really start going places Thanks for Reading Kiwi.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Might have to rename "The Pheonix" to "Trigger's Flying Broom"😉 55 hours young and just fitted Another piston but this time gone the whole way and fitted Barrel as well,  all back up and running but not had a chance to go for a test flight yet but Sundays looking good 😁

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/11/2019 at 21:37, kiwi k said:

Might have to rename "The Pheonix" to "Trigger's Flying Broom"😉 55 hours young and just fitted Another piston but this time gone the whole way and fitted Barrel as well,  all back up and running but not had a chance to go for a test flight yet but Sundays looking good 😁

My balls ache i have scratched them too much ☹️ and i'm almost bald so pulling my hair out is over, the Pheonix runs lovely for approx 2 minutes then smokes like ferk, tried different carb No difference and completely stripped engine down and done crankcase reseal, replaced carb gaskets and a few pipes, But whatever i do it still smokes and forgot i even cleaned out all petrol and started fresh incase i had mixed wrong 😉. and i have 2 sets of barrel and pistons and get exactly the same smoke problem whatever set-up or cinfiguration i run Arrrgggghhhhh😥

So now i have given in and now gone over to the dark side and bought a new engine to fit into my frame,  pictures to follow later :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well been busy last couple of days creating loads of swarf whilst making a handful of aluminium parts, started with one flat aluminium bar and one round bar then as if by magic chopped them up and worked a bit of magic, and ended up with a complete Moster motor fitting kit to my HE Titanium frame took almost two days but i'm pleased with end result.

ALIM0331.JPG

Motor bobbins.JPG

Moster to HE  motor fitting kit..JPG

Yeah great news last night frantic rummage in garage to find 4 penny washers and two M8 bolts right length to get me flying ready, Only chucked it together and bolted up to do a new years day flight shakedown to make sure everything is as should be, So headed to Wingland today to pick up a prop from Chilly (Mike Chilvers) and do said flight and yes i was glad i did was epic start for the new year. More pictures to follow after i have finished milling and having all alloy parts painted or Anodized.

Fly safe and hope everybody else gets their new year flights very soon :launchland: 

• Like 1

And here is Triggers broom now engine refitted to frame and yes i have test flown it and now feel i have more confidence in this engine and not worrying about if it will get hungry and try eat itself 9_9,  and also it being slightly wider both sides is not an issue either xD .

Plus i should of said in previous post the aluminium motor mounts were made to a specific length in relation to the vertical bar thickness and the finished prop mounting face to keep it at exactly the same original distance.

ALIM0339.JPG

ALIM0335.JPG

ALIM0336.JPG

On 07/01/2020 at 10:39, NickSee said:

Nice job Kiwi K I've learned loads reading this whole thread - thank you for the time and effort to keep documenting your journey 👍

BIG thanks Nicksee that was the whole purpose of doing the Diary type posts.

Having been there and realized how different it can be to what we expect, really now at the stage i am each flight does not phase me and it just so easy launch and fly, but this is the time were nothing must be rushed and each launch is another learning day.

On 09/01/2020 at 17:38, cas_whitmore said:

Get have a look at it at the bore if you going 👍

Fingers crossed Cas booked in to go so hopefully this year i might actually make it ;), and by then all my other Machinist parts should be fitted too and all Anodized to match the lahurvely Vitto orange gold colour B|

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks another quick update and mostly good again ;), been over to Wingland twice for further flights and first weekend was low clouds but still had two good flights with No drama's which is very nice, and this landing lark well not sure why we fuss over it as i get wrong nowadays for making Takeoffs and landings look so easy.

Friday just gone first to the field and second to take off, after hilariously watching another new flier struggle to reverse take off in winds which truthfully made it an absolute doddle but i do sympathize as we possibly have all been there :tripup:.

Fellow fliers thought i took the piff as i was only up for 20 minutes, only came down as got foowkin warm in flying suit as forgot to remove me hoodie  :/, but stayed down for 30 minutes then decided i had cooled off enough to go up again which turned into a 50 minute flight in my new High adventure itsy bitsy gloves, considering ground temperature was about 6 degrees and i was up at 1800ft they kept my hands cushty ;)'

And then at 3.30 only two of us still had equipment out and both of us decided we would go again for one last flight :D, Sam was ready first and had clipped into his wing but his engine was hesitant and sounded a little flat but he still tried to launch but his reportair wasn't having any of it, and even on a second attempt still not happening so he aborted and came over to see why i had not took off, but yes you have probably guessed it i was having minor engine trouble and had only managed to clip into wing and engine kept dying on use of throttle :(, did it three times and on last one i called a No fly either which does not go well with me when i am all set up.

Today i got round to removing paramotor out of the car to see what problem is, primed then two long pulls followed by over first bump then pull and started straight up easily, but use of throttle still causes engine to stop so then restarted easily again and discovered fuel line had small bubbles rising up to the top loop O.o, so tried squeezing the primer bulb while adding a little throttle and it revved up clean, so hopefully i may of discovered the problem, so tomorrows job is to remove the inline fliter and primer bulb just to see if that is/was the problem, i am hoping the primer bulb may of  perished as it is over two years old and possibly got minor holes in it ❓.

So that's me up to date and hopefully next post should be more positive news as March's fly in is not that long away and i keep promising i am going so this year i am :mrgreen: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cas_whitmore said:

I’ve left the primer bulb out of one of my motors , blow through breather pipe to prime , one less thing to go wrong at the wrong time .cas that might happen after i remove both items as i realized also last night, that the fuel had been draining back down past the filter ¬¬ (never seen it as a problem) but possibly means one way valve in primer bulb not working as should :(

sounds like your having fun though 👍

That i can not deny always fun but each little problems makes me think am i really in the right sport ❔, thankfully i am not ready to chuck in the towel just yet :D:dive:

• 4 months later...

Very Sorry to those that have read and followed my Adventure but been lapse again which i did not expect to happen :o.

But it came down to being a key worker and weather crap when i was off meaning i actually lost the love for flying and made worse by seeing and hearing others flight reports :(.

But thankfully i was royally kicked in the rear and forced to fly to which it worked i have now got back into it :x.

Bit annoyed about fly ins getting postponed and cancelled and now not able to go to PMC july fixture, but currently looking for a van to convert to day van come mobile garage for my Paramotor so onward's and deffo Upward's :D :dive: