Air Conception NiTRO XL vs Parajet Maverick Pro

Hello all, 

I was hoping for some pros and cons of the following two paramotors.

Air Conception NiTRO XL

http://www.custom-air.co.uk/Custom_Air_Paramotors/Air_Conception_Nitro_XL_NXL.html

Parajet Maverick Pro

https://www.parajet.com/maverick

I feel like I'm going round in circles as every time I settle on one, some more information comes along to make me change my mind. I'm leaning towards the Air Conception as it has a lot more thrust and an electric start. 

To give you some background, I'm 6'5' tall, weigh 140kg and I am mainly interested in cross country flying, so economy is important but I would also like in the words of Jeremy Clarkson; MORE POWER! :-)

Thanks in advance. 

My advice would be to take the time to visit Parajet and Vince, try on the kit and talk to them :-) 

Parajet have an open door policy, and Vince I am sure will welcome you also.

Either way, it's not a small amount of money so take a day or two out and get yourself to the Parajet factory and Vince the importer for the nitro. 

SW :D

If your 140kg and your looking for XC flying forget the Moster Both the AC and the Mav are both good machines but the motors they use won't have the Economy you need for XC flying at your body weight...   We Had a local pilot 120kg+ flying a Mac Fly 250 on a 22m Hadron XX & Viper 3 26m.. He could climb @100-150fpm on full trim and bar doing 80kph 3.5 lph on the 22m slow trim and  3lph on the Viper 3 26m slow, Forget quoted manufactures Fuel burn figures for your weight and take there thrust figures with a pinch of salt.. Go and try before you buy!!   

Ok i have a AC Nitro an for me at 120kg naked (don't tend to fly naked harness chaffs) the Nitro has bags of power I've also had a Moster and although slightly more powerful id say both engines are comparable both gave me an abundance of power both delivered a smooth power through the range, at 120kg the longest flight on the Moster was just under 2.5hrs which for me was enough on landing the pain from the cramp sat in the same position was excruciating so i tend to fly around the 2hr mark.

The Nitro to be honest I've not flown any length of time yet but will say its comfortable so so light and very well made, quality bit of kit and very well priced, I've seen a Maverick and having also owned a Zenith the Maverick doesn't disappoint typical Parajet superbly engineered, quality is second to none although at a cost which is a shame.

For me the Nitro ticks all the boxes and once on your back and once flown it really is a game changer for us larger/older types 

Thank you so much for everyone's thoughts. I didn't realise how many options were available. Such a nice and friendly community too. 

Taking the above comments into consideration, along with what I have read elsewhere on this forum, I'm now leaning towards the;

Parajet Thor 250 + Electric start

https://www.parajet.com/volution#_

Everyone seems extremely happy with Parajet and the V3 with the Thor 250 looks like it has enough power to get my fast food lovin backside off the ground. :-)

Would suggest you go along to Parajet and feel the weight. Remember you have to runwith this on your back and it won't be a light solution.   I have a Parajet Zenith with Polini 200 and its heavy.  I tried on a Maverick and it was very light in comparison. 

I found the Parajet guys extremely friendly and helpful. Worth going there for a chat and a tour of their very fine factory.

Hi, going back to your original post and you going round in circles I'm not going to help much! I have a zenith Moster and a V3 Moster, both are plenty powerful, I'm 115Kg and 6' tall, and they push me easily, solo and I've used the same set up for tandem and power isn't an issue at all, wing choice is a little more critical in my opinion - and good technique, I'm flying a paramania GTX 24 and this set up picks me off the floor in nil wind as quick as any other pilot, however it's not a first wing set up by any means. 

I find the Moster a great engine with very few vices, the polini motors have had a lot of issues, they seem to have been less over the past year but that could be because they are not so popular now, I'd have a good look into the dealer support, there's nothing worse the having the time and conditions to fly but being grounded because you are waiting for a part, I've also always steered clear of the electric start, in my opinion it's additional weight your lugging about and just another thing to go wrong, it's nice as an option if you really want it but if it's your only option it will let you down at some point, I've been flying at least 5 times when friends have been grounded due to flat batteries of electrical issues - I think the nitro has both options and a clutch as standard.

The V3 is a great set up, it is a little heavier but you won't notice that much difference when you are running as you'll be using the thrust to push you along, it also has a 15l fuel tank so going back to your original post about XC you'll be able to get a good 2.5 hours minimum before having to land, the Zenith has 12l and the Maverick has only 10l, however most of my flights are about an hour long so I normally only have about 7l on take off - no point on taking too much additional ballast.

I'm just about to sell my zenith and replace it with either a maverick or if I can get a test flight a nitro, both suppliers will give you excellent customer support and buying from either won't be an issue, however having not flown the nitro I can't really give any help, only what I've been told and read.

good luck!

• Upvote 2

On 3/10/2017 at 20:56, Funkibug said:

Would suggest you go along to Parajet and feel the weight. Remember you have to runwith this on your back and it won't be a light solution.   I have a Parajet Zenith with Polini 200 and its heavy.  I tried on a Maverick and it was very light in comparison. 

I found the Parajet guys extremely friendly and helpful. Worth going there for a chat and a tour of their very fine factory.

All this running is fodder just think what you are attached too ?, its only heavy when walking around like the warm up + clipping in stage, because as soon as you start up comes the wing which takes a lot of weight off you, and if you get it all right the giant fan you strapped to your back pushes you along so your not running as such more like supporting whilst fast walking :lol:

On 3/11/2017 at 06:39, admin (Simon W) said:

So how did you find the Maverick? :-) 

I am loving mine! I love how quick and simple it is to put together, I love how comfy it feels on the ground and in the air, I love how much power it has, and I love that it's MINE and not a school machine! lol

SW :D

i like the look of the Bulldog and it's fairly cheap if you crash as hopefully only replacing expendable parts, but for now i'll stick with my faithful easy start Adventure A4 :P

48 minutes ago, LifeBeneathTheStars said:

Thank you all for your advice. 

Can anyone recommend any lighter chassis that can take a thor 250? The Mac Fly is a few kg's lighter, can anyone top that? 

Regards. 

The Mac Fly 250 to my knowledge is the lightest production 250 on the market. If you want impartial opinions on the mac Fly range checkout the Mac Fly owners Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/119113598439831/