Amazing cloud of death video

admin (Simon W)

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Neilzy said:

Wouldn't go through it !!!!

Wouldn't fly anywhere near it! Where there's an updraft there is likely to be a downdraft somewhere else.

A good day to stay on the ground and let others do the flying :fail:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2017 at 08:24, admin (Simon W) said:

Cumulonimbus, from the Latin cumulus and nimbus, is a dense towering vertical cloud associated with thunderstorms and atmospheric instability, forming from water vapor carried by powerful upward air currents.

SW :D

Beautiful to look at from the ground. Not a very common phenomenon (around here at least). Looking at it you just got to have respect for nature. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been through one of these storms on a 300 mile trip to northern Minnesota. I can tell you I was extremely scared and did a lot of praying. it was at night and I had pulled over because I could not see past my windshield. While parked on the side of a country road I heard a voice say, "Don't stay here!" I turned to my passenger and said, "Did you hear that?" The response was, "Hear what?" A few minutes or seconds later I hear it again. "Don't stay here!" With that, I started the car and started to drive off. My passenger said, "What are you doing?" I said, "I'm not staying here!" I drove off watching the center line of the road only. For the next 200 miles before every turn, before every bridge, a bolt of lightning would illuminate the ground for me to see where the bends and bridges were and we made it safely to our destination. The next day the news crews were up in helicopters showing the devastation that storm caused. On the road I was on  59 it went into what looked like a huge lake and did not appear until 1 mile later.  It had completely flooded that section of road. Were my prayers answered that night? Whos voice did I hear so clearly to warn me? I have never heard this voice before or since. I am a Christian and I know! As for you, I'll let you decide. 

Edited by SteveR