Sunglider razor 2 input needed

craigo198

I doubt very much that you will get a review of this wing from a UK pilot...  Forum reviews are always from pilots who own that wing or dealers who sell them... Obviously there wing is the BEST!!!   I would advise sticking with the Main 3 brands Ozone, Dudek or Paramania, Niviuk are worth a look as well. If you look at the competition scene what brands are being flown...    

Thanks for reply.  Im going with a dudek synthesis 2 for now.  It has nice speed but what I dont understand is people say it has poor economy? how can you have a semi fast glider with poor economy?  Im going to be somewhat overloaded on  the wing too.  125kg to its 115 max flying at sea level.  I hope this is ok?

Edited by craigo198

The Synth 2 is a great wing! :-) I think unless your planning on competition / economy flying, the difference in fuel consumption is almost irrelevant to 90% of Paramotor Pilots. 

I am certainly more than happy with the combined consumption of all our school motors on the Synth 2's that we have. 

Good decision on the wing your going to love it! 

SW :D

4 hours ago, admin (Simon W) said:

The Synth 2 is a great wing! :-) I think unless your planning on competition / economy flying, the difference in fuel consumption is almost irrelevant to 90% of Paramotor Pilots. 

I am certainly more than happy with the combined consumption of all our school motors on the Synth 2's that we have. 

Good decision on the wing your going to love it! 

Thanks I hope so.  As long as I can tame the fast takeoffs and landings!  My last wing was a Jumbe and I was overloaded on that one as well and had no problems at sea level so I hope the same goes for the synthesis2. Ive been out of the flying scene for awhile so I might be rusty.

I guess it is.. 

I was thinking more there are people who are happy to fill up a tank and go flying for 3-4 hours and there are people who want to put 3l in and see how far they can make it last. 

When I plan an XC flight in or on anything, I NEVER plan it based on getting there with fumes left for fuel. I always plan for at least a clear 30 mins of juice left. My point... I am not that interested in the actual amount of time I can fly on a tank, I just plan for it and crack on :-)

XC flying for me is great fun, but what makes it much more fun is landing occasionally for fuel for the motor and body. The interactions with the people you will meet and so on. 

I met one of my friends by landing in one of his fields next to a petrol station :-) 

You will gain more buy having an economical motor rather than worrying about the wing unless your into XC records or Comps..   As Simon says.. most pilots only fly for an hour or so but if your like me and like to fly long XC or multiple flights from A-B-C and back to A then the wing will gain more time/distance..   I can get 228km on one tank with a 250 and Viper 3 22m combo..  Having to plan a flight around Petrol stations etc is ok but if you don't have to it makes the whole XC experience much better..  

Example.... My old Moster was circa 5.0 lph 9.6km per litre slow trim setting compared to my 250 at 3lph 16km per litre flying a 16m Ozone Slalom  

5 minutes ago, morgy said:

I can get 228km on one tank with a 250 and Viper 3 22m combo..  Having to plan a flight around Petrol stations etc is ok but if you don't have to it makes the whole XC experience much better..  

I guess it's a matter of opinion :-) The idea of flying for 228km without landing sounds boring as fuck to me LOLOL a bit like motorway driving. 

I like to land and have a brew or some chips at places I have not been to, get chatting and enjoy new places and meeting new people. 

I was making a point about engine eco rather than worrying about the wings eco... so there my Figures not what i fly all the time ;-) 

If your into records or XC etc its not boring...  I flew that long for the Icarus X series race I won last year.. This year is 300km+  

We did a great XC the other day over 100km stopping of for a brew at a mates farm, flew down the river to the beach for an ice cream and coffee then along the coast and home.. 

Motor eco opens up more distance than the wing 

• Upvote 1

Some wings are more economical than others for sure.. Same goes for PG wings, Generally the higher the efficiency the higher the wings rating.  

Just go out and fly for fun when you get more into the sport and want to fly longer distance or compete. Then its worth doing all the tests... 

Knowing your average speeds in slow, takeoff, fast and full bar and the fuel burn in each trim setting is key for Long XC and making sure you will get home!