Bailey Aviation

I pay for a subscription to a company checking service which is where i took the screen grab from.

looks to me like he setup a new company 5 years ago which is will trading and matches the address of his workshop and an older limited company that he has since wound up. His motivation might have been to have a non limited company so less complications in terms of accounting returns etc.

I dont there there is anything to worry about (beyond the normal lack of answering the phone / email etc)

13 minutes ago, paul2289 said:

I pay for a subscription to a company checking service which is where i took the screen grab from.

looks to me like he setup a new company 5 years ago which is will trading and matches the address of his workshop and an older limited company that he has since wound up. His motivation might have been to have a non limited company so less complications in terms of accounting returns etc.

I dont there there is anything to worry about (beyond the normal lack of answering the phone / email etc)

What's the number for the company that's dissolved?

Having a dissolved company in itself doesn't concern me at all.  I have a couple of companies that are dormant and either coming potentials or past potentials.  Strange that the company number on your screen grab seems to relate to something else though.

Just now, AndySV1K said:

What's the number for the company that's dissolved?

Having a dissolved company in itself doesn't concern me at all.  I have a couple of companies that are dormant and either coming potentials or past potentials.  Strange that the company number on your screen grab seems to relate to something else though.

Its on the screen shots i posted this morning both the active and dissolved company.

8 minutes ago, AndySV1K said:

None of the numbers on your screen shots relate to anything at Companies house

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search?q=01676018

okay that is strange! The disolved company is showing as wound up in 1996 with directors Alan Bailey and Nina Bailey.

The active company is here however that company number is for a different company on Companies House so someone has got their data screwed up.

https://companycheck.co.uk/nonLimitedCompany/5138882/BAILEY-AVIATION/summary

GAZ2(A)-842918400-1.pdf

2 minutes ago, AndySV1K said:

Weird!  bit of a data mixup somewhere along the line.

Well fingers crossed Bailey are doing ok and keep going.  I'm not a fan of their customer service, but I do love their engineering.

I agree, i ended up selling my V5 and buying a Thor80 and still miss the purr of the Bailey. I really wish someone would buy Paul out and keep developing it

1 hour ago, AndySV1K said:

I've thought the same thing.

I'd approach him myself if I were in the position to do it.  I see so much potential in it to be a major player in the sport.

I've always liked Baileys and I live very close to their outfit... but I didn't buy one all those years ago as I'd seen the issues people were having with support. Such a shame as the engineering is so good. Totally agree - they could have been a far greater force with a bit of business acumen.

Things aren't so bad if you have an early Baileys and your handy with the spanners... most parts can be bought from China through Ebay (slow but cheap).
The V5 (s) big ticket spares are a bit more tricky, I think on those, the crank, cylinder, head and piston are a more exotic Taiwanese flavor. Not as cheap and trickier to ship.

its a very arrogant business model, basically treating your customers with contempt. I was very interested in one a few years back, very glad I didnt go ahead with it. With vitto, there are so many dealers & their warranty/service is second to none, parts everywhere. In this game there is always something breaking or needing replacing, & if you cant get the parts the paramotor is junk, & you have missed so many flying opportunities while waiting. Stay away from bailey unless you live next door to them, or can manufacture your own parts

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:55, simonhunny said:

if you cant get the parts the paramotor is junk

(Ebay)
Cylinder (63mm) with piston £45
Complete cylinder Head £45 (if my memory serves)
Full carb (£18 - 24mm Pre-V5) (£36 - 26mm V5/s)
Cam £11
At these prices, it might be worth preemptively buying spares but I have yet to hear of any "large" failures on the Bailey motors so I'm not sure it makes sense.
I understand your fears Simon and would feel exactly the same "if" I couldn't get hold of spares and did not have access to the infinite knowledge and kindness of strangers on the internet :)
The Bailys four stroke gear is great in my experience... but like I say, unless you are willing to skin your knuckles, it "might" be best to avoid.