Keeping Paramotor inside the house

I'm looking for advice on the best way to keep my paramotor inside the house without smelling too much like gas.... I don't have a garage so my best option is inside the house. 

I do have a small courtyard where I could keep it but I'm wondering how bad it will be in the long run for the life of the motor (humidity, heat, cold, etc....)

Any tips on best way to store my paramotor would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance to all, 

I'd definitely keep it out of the house for safety reasons alone.  The risk of fuel vapor is too dangerous- potentially explosive.  I think you'll find on your house insurance small print- that storage of petrol internal combustion engines within the house will void your policy.-- Worth checking, but I'd go for the external storage, or find a friend with a big barn.

GD

2 hours ago, kiwi k said:

GD's got me thinking about insurance now :?: always keep mine indoors over winter, not that i'm expecting a problem but better check in the small print just incase B|.

Mightn't be such a serious issue if the fuel is totally drained, and fuel lines and carb emptied....  But best check with the insurers anyhow.  I've heard of case where they didn't pay up after an incident involving a moped in a stairwell.

50 minutes ago, gordon_dunn said:

Mightn't be such a serious issue if the fuel is totally drained, and fuel lines and carb emptied....  But best check with the insurers anyhow.  I've heard of case where they didn't pay up after an incident involving a moped in a stairwell.

yes forgot to say its not fueled and carb and pipes drained, 

the only way, as already told, is to completely drain the tank, the fuel lines and the carb.

But it is an operation that requires some time (the carb needs to be disassembled for to be completely drained), so It would be an option if you are not going to use the PRM in the cold season....

Thanks for the feedback.... I like the idea of the bike storage like this http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/bike-cycle-storage/bike-storage-x4?gclid=CLLRmPy5tNECFYTGGwodX6QDhw

At the end of the day I just want to do what's best for the life of the motor, with all the humidity in South Florida and rain I'm concerned of faster deteriorating. Right now I have outside covered with heavy duty tarp and raised on bricks. 

I may also ask my friend to let me keep it at his works' warehouse, but that's a pain in the ass to go get every time I plan on flying. 

Nonetheless, happy to be part of this forum you are all very experienced and knowledgeable.

THANKS! 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, durazno said:

Nonetheless, happy to be part of this forum you are all very experienced and knowledgeable.

THANKS! 

Flattery will get you everywhere you can stay a while now most do Not BITE but but some do throw their toys out of the pram from time to time. xD

• Upvote 1

I keep my motor in my house and it has led to all sorts of problems.  First of all the wife wouldn’t let it in the bedroom, then she banished it to the utility room.  To complete the humiliation she hangs the family’s underwear on the cage to dry.  My advice, keep the females in your life apart.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, durazno said:

IMO how much have you spent on your Paramotor set-up :?: and your looking at cheap fabric shelters, not sure which part of usa you live in but in the UK our climate is mainly cold wet & damp, thus why i prefer my complete set-up inside my brick building and if there a debate the Wife goes not my toys :P, engines electrics and possible damp conditions not a good mixture, So i'd say at minimum got to be wood but that's just my opinion.

I live in FLORIDA so of course there are lots of humidity and heat. 

I just wish I could keep the smell from being so overwhelming...

Options:

- remove gas tank completely (which will be a pain in the ass everytime i go flying)

- siphon out the gas after putting inside?

ANY OTHER TIPS ON HOW TO KEEP IT FROM SMELLING SO MUCH AND KEEP MY WIFE WOULD BE APPRECIATED ! 

Do you think it is un-wise to keep a paramotor outside (undercover), in a shed or a garage during the winter???

I know I had rust spots on my Compact exhaust, but that was my fault for landing on the edge of a pond (a good few years ago :-) )

I had to paint it with exhaust black paint every few years..

I store mine in a Berlingo, I drive it to work five times a week and save 10 km from work to the airfield where I usually fly, and the time to drive home and pack the car before going back. Best thing is to have it ready to fly all the time (my cage fit in the Berlingo so no disassembling needed), makes it easy to prioritize flying, and I believe this is the main reason I get the hours I want in the air. 

The storage area is also vented, so no smelly fuel. Great car, takes all my gear, tools and even extra fuel tanks so I always have more gas with me than I can use on a single week. I could even sleep in the car if I needed since it's a the longer version, Berlingo L2.

It also have a big table between the two seats, so great for dinner when you are somewhere remote. All in all a superb car for paramotor pilots who need something cheap to drive. Highly recommended!