Trike plans

Kevin B

Does anyone have access to basic but proven plans to build a trike?

im interested in building a simple trike to which my Bailey 4v 200 will bolt straight to complete.

Im in the process of applying for The CAA excemption due to a back injury.

many thanks in advance 

kevin

• 4 months later...

4 Months ago I imported the Black Hawk Lite Trike.  I have now done about 22 flights with it and have to say what a pleasure to fly.  It is designed to take any foot launch paramotor system, the trike weighs in at 15 kg.  I am using my foot launch Mostar 185 on PAP frame and flying a 23 meter Paramania Revo 2.  The climb rate and manoeuvrability remain unchanged but landings are an absolute doddle including down wind landings.  If you are looking into transferring to a trike for the money you would be hard to beat this little baby.  And it will fit comfortably in an average family car. 

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

peter lynn is same as mine.if you are useing your 3cyl it might struggle.as peter lynn is 17kg,what thurst do you get.i cant post pics of mine on here cant figure how to free up space,to do so,but bigfoot at right price is worth buying,

Edited by jock

On 08/12/2018 at 17:36, jock said:

peter lynn is same as mine.if you are useing your 3cyl it might struggle.as peter lynn is 17kg,what thurst do you get.i cant post pics of mine on here cant figure how to free up space,to do so,but bigfoot at right price is worth buying,

Which Peter Lynn model do you have?

The Bigfoot will have too large a cross sectional drag footprint for the Konig SC430. Probably twice what it would be in footlaunch guise. I'd get off the ground, but revs would be near max to keep it level with 50kg of thrust. Won't make pleasant flying.

On 10/12/2018 at 17:38, norbertflyer said:

Which Peter Lynn model do you have?

The Bigfoot will have too large a cross sectional drag footprint for the Konig SC430. Probably twice what it would be in footlaunch guise. I'd get off the ground, but revs would be near max to keep it level with 50kg of thrust. Won't make pleasant flying.

dont which peter lynn model the cheap one i think,ive just fitted the bailey v4 engine in it, will let you know how it flys

I have been keeping my cool while watching this thread... 

But it's time to say something!!! lol 

I have a trike design at the moment getting built for a couple of people. My aim is to make it accessible to all in about 6-months time. 

PMC full members can have them at cost + £150 

All others can have them at cost + £300 

I should not have posted this yet, but hey ho... I have because I am excited about it! lol :-) Pics and stuff to follow as the build happens. 

SW :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, admin (Simon W) said:

I have been keeping my cool while watching this thread... 

But it's time to say something!!! lol 

I have a trike design at the moment getting built for a couple of people. My aim is to make it accessible to all in about 6-months time. 

PMC full members can have them at cost + £150 

All others can have them at cost + £300 

I should not have posted this yet, but hey ho... I have because I am excited about it! lol :-) Pics and stuff to follow as the build happens. 

SW :D

I would be very interested if you're willing to sell as a kit. I have 3 concerns with a number of existing trike designs: 1 drag (as above); 2 'turtle' on takeoff; 3 rough ground capabilities. Will watch closely on developments. Richard.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2018 at 22:01, norbertflyer said:

I would be very interested if you're willing to sell as a kit. I have 3 concerns with a number of existing trike designs: 1 drag (as above); 2 'turtle' on takeoff; 3 rough ground capabilities. Will watch closely on developments. Richard.

I avoided all 2 of these issues by using the trike and engine of an old powered parachute. Very rugged, durable and has the engine forward of the rear axle to avoid the dreaded turtle...........I admit however that it is overweight.

The CAA have increased the defined weight of a microlight in recent years as they accept that it can be hazardous to build down to a lower weight limit, but we end up with only 70Kgs. I'm not sure that I fully understand their reasoning on this.

• 3 months later...

Andy B

You are  violating copyright laws stop posting PDFs to my plan. We are selling this plan exclusively on eBay. A lot of time and hard work went into building this trike and  setting up the plan.

Remove the link in this thread !!!

Don Huffer

Designer of the LiteFlyer Trike and Plan