Jump to content

Travel insurance for United States citizens?

Recommended Posts

I can't for the life of me find any travel insurance companies that cover paramotoring.

There appears to be at least some that cover UK citzens, but I'm a US citizen and I can't find any for myself.

I tried World Nomads but paramotoring is not covered while paragliding and hang gliding are.

DogTag explicitly says paramotoring is not covered despite them saying they cover "Extreme+ sports."

IMO this is a BIG problem for me. If I can't get insurance then I'm not flying, period. I hhaven't lived in the US for over two years and don't plan on going back anytime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would be tempted to contact some USA 'ultralight / microlight' aviation insurance companies personally. :-) 

I am UK based and have some insurance contacts here who may be able to advise, I also have a contact in the US who insures silly people doing silly things for TV. I will dig out the details and PM them over to you. 

Good luck!



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Create New...