Newbie in Leicester

Hi guys I started paragliding 3 years ago but have been frustrated as I haven't flown much at all due to living 2 in a flat county!  I've seen a few Paramotors flying around Leicester, with one even flying over my house 2 weeks ago, so have taken the plunge and booked a conversion course with Flyspain next March.  Having had a week with them in Feb this year it was a no-brainer to do my conversion with them. 

I don't really intend buying any kit until after my conversion course but have obviously started to have a look at what's out there on the second hand market. Not know anything about paramotors, I would welcome advice on what I should be looking at.  I'm 85kg.  There's a guy currently selling a PAP PA 125 1400 with a Dudek Synthesis 2 29m and a Gin Yeti 50 reserve.  I think the wing is probably about right for me but what about the PAP? 

I`m 80kg in the buff ! add clothing , boots,  motor, etc , and I was flying (Flyspain) on a 26m ozone spyder . Powerplant was a top 80 miniplane .  Took me up no problem with plenty in reserve .so I don`t think you will have any trouble . Check the wings certificate for its weight range as a ppg 

Thanks Mike - the wing is 110-140 kg so I reckon all up flying weight I would be around the middle and I've read a review that says it's suitable for beginners. The reserve is up to 160 kg so probably a bit big but better that than a bit small.  I know nothing about paramotors though so wondered if PAP is considered a good make and if so is that specific model about right for my weight and for a beginner.  

• 3 months later...
On 10/12/2016 at 16:37, Mike Thomas said:

I`m 80kg in the buff ! add clothing , boots,  motor, etc , and I was flying (Flyspain) on a 26m ozone spyder . Powerplant was a top 80 miniplane .  Took me up no problem with plenty in reserve .so I don`t think you will have any trouble . Check the wings certificate for its weight range as a ppg 

I've just got back from FlySpain and flew the same rig as you last week with no problems whatsoever.  The heavyweights flew the V3 Moster on a Roadster 2.  It was an excellent week and I'm now tow, hill and power rated and with a far better idea what kit I'm looking for.  I liked the Spyder but I think I would like a little more power than the Top 80 Miniplane, although it was nice and light compared to the Parajet V3.

• 1 year later...

Hi Colin hows it going ?,  I'm based in birstall and was looking for local pilots close to myself as Im new to this hobby and thinking about committing myself to the training.  Are you still flying and do you get many flights in because of the British weather ?       Been down to clive mason seems the best option for training.     Hope to speak soon thanks Garry

Edited by gazbpool