Take off site

alan_k

RESULT th_yay.gif

I've found a landowner this morning who has given me permission to use his field. It's the crappiest day with really thick mist but I had a nose around on Google Earth beforehand then knocked on doors in the vicinity and found out who the landowner is.

A quick visit and permission granted th_yay.gif

Just waiting for some suitable weather now.

EDIT: This is a good day, I have just heard back from a Microlight strip owner and he said yes as well :coptor:

Cheers, Alan

Edited by alan_k
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, alan_k said:

RESULT th_yay.gif

I've found a landowner this morning who has given me permission to use his field. It's the crappiest day with really thick mist but I had a nose around on Google Earth beforehand then knocked on doors in the vicinity and found out who the landowner is.

A quick visit and permission granted th_yay.gif

Just waiting for some suitable weather now.

EDIT: This is a good day, I have just heard back from a Microlight strip owner and he said yes as well :coptor:

Cheers, Alan

Good news indeed Alan. I spent a whole week traversing farms in my vicinity before I found a new home 4 years ago. My old farmer had been willing to let me use his land for 16 years until he went fully agricultural. Now I pay a little for exclusive private use of this new farm, but the benefit is I get all of the 28 allowable flying days each year. good work! Richard.