Skymax paramotor

I'm going to be getting this frame soon because there's nothing like it for travelling. The frame will come apart and break down into a standard soft bag if fitted with nuts and bolts instead of rivets. The fuel bag rolls up easily for travel as well. And SkyMax will make the frame for any engine.

I checked two of them out on the ground in Melbourne and they seem solidly put together.

Sergei with SkyMax on Facebook has been very responsive to my questions.

I like the design look. The lattice chassis was not as sturdy as the structure might suggest, I think it would fair poorly in a bum landing.

If you like to land on your feet however, its an interesting design. I got to have a look at Coupe Icare last year and this year, it looked like some subtle design improvements had been made, a bit more lattice added to the sides.

• 11 months later...
On 11/14/2016 at 10:46, custom-vince said:

I like the design look. The lattice chassis was not as sturdy as the structure might suggest, I think it would fair poorly in a bum landing.

If you like to land on your feet however, its an interesting design. I got to have a look at Coupe Icare last year and this year, it looked like some subtle design improvements had been made, a bit more lattice added to the sides.

If your talking about the structure the soft fuel tank is surrounded by its amazingly strong.  I have had 3 hard newbie landings and not a scratch or a bend.   I have the new Star frame as well and it has zero flex!  One very tough machine.  

On 11/9/2016 at 09:09, morgy said:

I saw one of these at the worlds... Not my cup of tea.. not a fan of the fuel 'bag'.. 

Fuel bag is working out great.  Hardly any weight and very impact resistant.  However, a knife would do it in quickly.  I’ve had a few hard butt landings and it’s stout.  

Fuel bags work good at boats and small planes. Can not see any reason why they can not be used in paamotor.

Tanks are robust and during the tests Skymax guys were dropping them from 15 meters height with no damage to the tanks. I doubd that the standard plastic ones can survive it.

Yes it is different from what we all are used to but  we are getting minus 1 kilo in regards of the weight and no have issues with fuel tank ventilation.  

I will be placing an order for this frame late December..

3 hours ago, Ivan said:

Fuel bags work good at boats and small planes. Can not see any reason why they can not be used in paamotor.

Tanks are robust and during the tests Skymax guys were dropping them from 15 meters height with no damage to the tanks. I doubd that the standard plastic ones can survive it.

Yes it is different from what we all are used to but  we are getting minus 1 kilo in regards of the weight and no have issues with fuel tank ventilation.  

I will be placing an order for this frame late December..

Ivan, you will love the SkyMax!   I just received mine in October and could not be happier.